Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Pistons all-time roster: The best players in franchise history

https://www.mlive.com/sports/2020/0...-a-championship-while-playing-in-detroit.html
Top 10 pro athletes who never won a championship while playing in Detroit.
Mlive

B. Sanders, C. Sanders, B. Sims, C. Johnson, T. Cobb, H. Heilmann, J. Verlander, D. Bing, B. Lanier, M. Dionne (had to include one NHL player)

Now, I?ll see how wrong the article is.

EDIT: We agree on seven: I?ll stand by my list, it?s better than theirs.

ME: C. Sanders, B. Sims, H. Heilmann
IT: Ulmann, Hill (thought of him and went with C. Sanders) and Cabrera < Heilmann.

I'm a bit surprised Bob Lanier wasn't listed at all positions. Plus that article made it sound like they needed to put Wallace at PF to make room for Lanier at C. Lol. Maybe I read it wrong.

http://www.nofiltersportspodcast.com/2020/04/30/episode-136-dave-bing-this-is-your-life/
No Filter Podcast Episode 136: Dave Bing, THIS is YOUR Life! 95 minutes.

Dave Bing overcame a devastating eye injury in '71 that nearly ended his career. He explains the inspiration that allowed him to ignore doctor's dire warnings, and tells "No Filter" about the 60's in Detroit with pals Lem, Mel and Marvin (Gaye that is!).

Dave Bing is still my all-time favorite Detroit Piston. signed KC.

Let’s refresh some people’s memories.

It’s the latest No Filter Sports Podcast with Eli Zaret, Denny McLain, and Bob Page!

DAVE BING could have been INFAMOUS in Detroit sports instead of one of its most BELOVED figures. The Mayor joins us today!

So ya wanted Denny’s big MLB “scoop” he promised recently but never delivered? We’ve got it NOW — from another source!

MORE lawsuits involving alleged sex abuse at Michigan State, this time a big one against the NCAA itself.

It’s official: college sports’ “student-athletes” are now finally allowed to make money on outside endeavors!

Looks like Shea Patterson WON’T be making any money in the NFL. Details of his stunning fall from grace.

Quick now, Denny: if’n NASCAR come back, which good ol’ boy gonna win the CO-Cola 600? Denny: UH, who’s IN it?

Further ugliness from the Bulls-Pistons rivalry being displayed on ESPN. WHAT is Isaiah NOW claiming?!

A listener takes exception to Eli’s comments about Ernie Harwell. Eli defends himself — and Bob riffs on “the meaning of Ernie.”

Stevie Y signs two top young Swedish goalies. If STEVIE likes ’em, WE like ’em too. After all, can we FULLY trust Bernier?

Listen up, all you single gals out there! Guess who’s being BOMBARDED on a dating service now? Hint: NOT Eli. NOT Bob.

Those stories, YOUR weekly Mailbag segment – soon to be SPONSORED by YOU? – and much more right here!

Last edited:
I see Billups is to be a member of the HOF. I really liked him as a player, but HOF? Maybe the NBA HOF is pretty easy to get into. He doesn't seem like a HOF player to me.

I see Billups is to be a member of the HOF. I really liked him as a player, but HOF? Maybe the NBA HOF is pretty easy to get into. He doesn't seem like a HOF player to me.
I agree. 5 all stars but no other big award. Couple 2nd team defensive team, and a couple 2nd team all NBA. Nice but not hall worthy on his playing career.

Back