Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Complete Organizational Chart

https://totallytigers.wordpress.com/2022/02/20/sunday-survey/
SUNDAY SURVEY.
Totally Tigers

The Detroit Tigers are expected to promote Spencer Torkelson and Riley Greene this year. Potentially 1 or both may make the Opening Day roster.

Multiple scouts are reporting that Dillon Dingler is also close to his MLB debut and predict that he will also debut at some point later this summer.

Given these 2-3 promotions, combined with the seasoning of the young pitchers, what year do you believe the Tigers will turn into a viable competitive team? Let?s define this term as:

Finishing the year above .500.
Ending the year in either 1st or 2nd place
1 or more players ranked in the top 10 of at least 1 offensive/pitching category

What year do you believe the Tigers will become a viable competitive team?

1. 2022

2. 2023

3. 2024

4. 2025

5. 2026 or later

VOTE

https://totallytigers.wordpress.com/2023/09/12/watercooler-wednesday-101/
WATERCOOLER WEDNESDAY.
Totally Tigers

The Detroit Tigers have won each of the season series against all of their fellow AL Central rivals for the first time since 2011.

Against the other 5 divisions, they have not fared as well.

The Tigers are 5-20 against the AL East and 10-15 against the West. In the NL, they are 6-6 against the West, 7-6 w/ the Central and 6-9 against the East (through Monday?s games).

This year, they sit in 3rd place, with the potential to move into 2nd. However, they are actually 11 games under .500.

Last year, they barely escaped the AL Central basement. Given the improvement this year, it?s conceivable that the team could make a run for first place in their division next year.

The AL Central is known to be the least competitive division in MLB. Only recently has the 1st place team gone over .500 in wins. Despite being the leader, they actually rank right in the middle of all MLB teams in terms of wins.

So does sitting in this division help or hurt the Tigers?

Is it enough for them to win the division and try their luck in the playoffs?

Or does the lack of real competition in the AL Central keep them from being one of baseball?s best teams? Does this division inspire them to be just good enough instead of one of the best?

Is being a member of the AL Central a blessing or a curse for the Detroit Tigers?

These are the questions to ask yourself and others as we ponder just how much better the Tigers need to be. Let?s kick start some good discussion threads here ? and to take with you wherever you go during the rest of the week.

Is it a blessing or a curse for the Tigers to be in the AL Central?

1. Blessing

2. Curse

Vote

https://totallytigers.wordpress.com/2024/01/08/fans-vs-fanatics/
FANS vs FANATICS.
Totally Tigers

I am reminded of the day I was sitting at a Tigers? game in Lakeland and heard a group of people behind me talking about how they were big fans. In the next breath, they were unaware of one of the team?s top players and his history with Detroit.

In front of me was a guy who was busy keeping score of the game in a notebook.

I was sitting in-between the 2 polar opposites of fandom and it got me wondering who exactly can call themselves a real fan of baseball?

I then realized that the word ?fan? is open to interpretation. Yet, it needs some type of definition.

If we take the word ?fan?, it is short for the word ?fanatic.? In Merriam-Webster, it is noted that a fan is ?marked by excessive enthusiasm and often intense uncritical devotion?. It comes from the Latin word ?fanaticus?, which means ?insanely but divinely inspired?.

But do you have to be this way in order to call yourself a fan?

Of course not. Rather a fan is someone who simply puts in time, interest and/or invests in the sport. To what degree is up to them.

And that?s how we can more accurately define who a fan is. Rather than creating a singular definition, wouldn?t degrees of fandom work better?

I think so.

How much of a fan you are should be determined by your involvement in the game and knowledge of the sport.

I would call them levels. And if we?re talking about the Tigers, here?s how I would define them.

IT’S NOT THAT SIMPLE – Part 1.
Totally Tigers

Back