Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 21 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota Twins 2:10 p.m. EST 4/20

I’m pretty disappointed in Canha recently. He is supposed to be the on-base guy with plate discipline, and I’m not seeing that at all.

Oh my gosh.. 3-0 three straight strikes, Javy doesn't swing at any of them.

Stung again: Miscues continue to haunt Tigers.
Detroit weathers two-plus unearned runs for fourth consecutive game.
Tigers official site

Boxscore.

Twins 4 - Tigers 3: Torkelson’s defense burns them again.
I hate to put it all on one player today, but here we are.
BYBTB

Tigers can't overcome costly defensive mistake in one-run loss to Twins.
Detnews

Detroit Tigers can't recover from defensive mistake in 4-3 loss to Minnesota Twins.
Freep

Wow
The Tigers haven’t given up two or more unearned runs in four straight games since 1989, but they managed it today.

DEEPER DISCUSSIONS.
Totally Tigers

Catching home run balls has become a controversial topic over the past couple years. And recently the story about the Dodgers bullying a couple over handing over a Shohei Ohtani HR ball caught national attention.
There is the debate over HRs that represent a significant moment for a hitter. But there is also another controversy that has been gaining traction within the baseball world.
And it has to do with kids.

In the past, if you caught a ball – whether it was a fair or foul one – it was yours to keep. Today, there is a lot of pressure from fans in the stands to give it up to a child.
What should be the proper etiquette for adults who catch balls?

Today’s blog addresses this question and allows readers to share their thoughts in more detail. And hopefully, to actively engage with others by responding to their posts and creating back-and-forth discussion threads. The more the merrier!
For this one blog only, you’ve got 6 sentences max to share your thoughts. Of course, you can also respond to other readers.
TT will supply the ammunition. One thought-provoking question. Several options provided. One hard choice to be selected. One vote.
Ready?

What should be the proper etiquette for adults who catch balls?

1. You catch it, you keep it.

2. The adult should be free to keep it or give it away without being pressured.

3. The kids should get the ball in the majority of cases.

VOTE

I'm 58, never caught a ball in hundreads of games. If I catch one I'll take a selfie, I need proof, and then probably give it away. But no one should have to be pressured to give it to a child..

for me, a foul ball should always be given to a kid. A HR, that might be a different story. If I catch one that is hit by a really good player, I keep it to give to my grandson.

F that, whoever catches it should decide what to do with it. Kid wants a ball, go catch one.

Back