Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Heaven has a new Angel - RIP Bob Knight

Michchamp

he was 83. link.

He's in a better place now... slapping, choking, and shooting people in Heaven.

I'd have played for Knight in a heartbeat. My sort of coach.

Bobby Knight is a guy I was taught was someone to emulate. I had a teacher & coach in HS that basically held him up as an example of who we should all aspire to be, and if you found yourself on his "bad side" it was your own fault, and you must be a worthless loser/whiner who didn't want to work hard.

He only seemed to have a "bad side" though. Not all great coaches, even those considered disciplinarians (like Bo) had a track record of assaulting people.

If anyone was a poster boy for "toxic masculinity" it would be him, in my mind. The example I take of him is the guy who refuses to hold himself to any standard, and when he's in a bad mood, nothing is off limits for him... slapping a kid, road rage, beating his wife, all excusable because Bob is "disciplinarian" according to the sports media and himself and so everyone else needs to meet his expectations. But if a player were to slap him back, whoa! Now that's a breach of decorum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back