Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs NW

thewolverines24

Michigan heads to Evanston tonight (9:00 p.m., FS1) to face a Northwestern team looking to solidify its NCAA Tournament bid. For Michigan, Olivier Nkamhoua had wrist surgery and is out for the rest of the season and Dug still isn't traveling. What a recipe for success! Who's ready for endless turnovers and doing a terrible job on the defensive glass? Hell yeah, fuck yeah!

KEYS

The rotation looks like what? We know that McDaniel and Nkamhoua are out. Terrance Williams II missed the last game with illness, while Jace Howard and Youssef Khayat were listed as questionable and didn’t play. If Williams is back, there are a handful of interesting smaller lineup combinations that we might see for the first time. If Williams isn’t back, it is going to be hard to even get to 200 minutes played with the healthy roster.

Ball screen defense: Michigan’s ball screen defense ranks in the 11th percentile nationally this season. That’s not a number you want on your Synergy page when you are headed to face Boo Buie on a night where he has the chance to set records.

Play through Tarris Reed Jr.: Early in the year, I would point out in-game recaps that it felt like Michigan was playing through Reed a bit too much, given some of his limitations. At this point, I’m not sure there’s anything better. Try to get Reed involved early against a Northwestern frontcourt that isn’t particularly deep or athletic.

BOTTOM LINE

Michigan’s last road game without Dug McDaniel will be its first game without Olivier Nkamhoua. Northwestern hasn’t racked up many blowout wins this season, but it is hard to see the Wolverines competing on the road without their two best players — and potentially without others.

KenPom sets the number at 77-68 Northwestern, and even that feels a bit short. The Vegas spread is already up to 12.5. We're going to lose by a lot.

Go Blue!

Team is down 37-34 at half. Wildcats first lead. Dumb Breakdown on defense lets a wide open 3 get drained.

Jace Howard in. Um up 44–43. Now down 51-43…Less then 2 minutes later. Not all his fault but still. Howard has to use a timeout.

So we all hope Moore works out as the Michigan football coach. He may struggle with all That is leaving and our schedule next season. If we do that will be 4 coaches Ward has hired doing crap. Baseball, basketball, hockey, softball . Am I missing anyone ?
Still 6 minutes left to have a run ! Howard’s team is only down 10. Man I hope Moore is a good head coach and can recruit. Softball coach is in year 2 so hopefully she turns it around. I’m worried about some of the other programs. Hockey May still make the ncaa but has taken a hit from last season. Basketball is in shambles.

Back