Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs Rutgers

thewolverines24

Michigan heads on the road with Dug McDaniel tonight for the first time since early January. The Wolverines play at Rutgers (8:30 p.m., FS1) in search of their first road win since December 10th.

Jersey Mike’s Arena has been a house of horrors for most of the Big Ten, but Michigan holds an impressive 7-1 record in Piscataway. However, the Wolverines have also lost three of their last five games against Rutgers, including a pair of late-game collapses.

The Scarlet Knights are among the best defensive teams (4th) and worst offensive teams (287th) in the country, and they are as challenging to figure out as any team in the league. Rutgers started a four-game winning streak with a come-from-behind win at Michigan in early February, then promptly lost three in a row, including a 17-point home loss to Maryland on Sunday.

At this point in the season, Michigan is essentially playing for pride, while Rutgers (14-13, 6-10 Big Ten) presumably has a shot at a postseason berth if it can string together a couple of late-season wins.

KenPom pegs the Scarlet Knights as five-point favorites, predicting a 70-65 final with a 34% chance at a Michigan upset.

Go Blue!

Reactions: Cam
Team was crushed and I had forgotten the game was Thursday. Team just is not worth the time sadly.

Rutgers basically shadowed Dug and forced anyone else on the team to create shots. Since we don't have anyone else on the team that can create a shot, it was elementary how it was going to turn out.

For the first time in my adult life, i have not watched a single game against big ten opponents. This team is garbage and so is the head coach.

Back