Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Kalen DeBoer is the New Head Coach of Alabama

Cam

Cam’tn Crunch
Administrator
Nashville Sounds
Cleveland Cavaliers
Nashville Kats
Pittsburgh Steelers
Nashville Predators
Tampa Bay Rays
Nashville SC
Vanderbilt Commodores
Washington's Kalen DeBoer, who guided the Huskies to a Pac-12 championship and a spot in the College Football Playoff National Championship game this past season, was named the next head coach at Alabama, the school announced Friday night.

DeBoer, 49, inherits one of the most coveted jobs in college football -- and one of the most difficult -- in replacing Nick Saban, whose teams won nine SEC titles and six national championships in his 17 seasons at the school. Saban, who had a 206-29 record at Alabama, retired Wednesday.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39294498/deboer-alabama-replace-saban-head-coach

Do you guys think he'll keep the success going?

I think so and for his sake he better hope or those Alabama people will be after him.

I think so and for his sake he better hope or those Alabama people will be after him.

Yeah, I'm sure it's good money, but I would have probably waited a couple years on this gig. You hate to be the guy following one of the GOATs. I bet he gets canned in three seasons.

Yeah, I'm sure it's good money, but I would have probably waited a couple years on this gig. You hate to be the guy following one of the GOATs. I bet he gets canned in three seasons.

They just had a boat load of guys enter the transfer protocol.. Big difficulty.

They just had a boat load of guys enter the transfer protocol.. Big difficulty.

That's everywhere now, which is what I've come to resent about college sports now, especially football.

Five start recruit goes somewhere... Let's say Alabama. Redshirts first year, doesn't play. Recruit says "Screw this, I'm out" and then goes and grabs NIL money and heads somewhere else... Let's say Michigan. Then he starts at Michigan, but sucks. Ends up getting benched before the end of the year. Then enters transfer portal again.... Goes somewhere else... Again and again. They need to somehow reel all that in.

Back