Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Killers of the Flower Moon

Michchamp

Halfway through this (it's 3+ hours long but worth it). Anybody else seen it?

I didn't expect a good American movie to come out of a major(ish) studio anytime soon (maybe ever again)... really thought we could only expect movies based on comic books or shitty remakes of existing movies.

I didn't know anything about the story. Not something they really want kids to learn in history class, I guess. There's a lot about Oklahoma though that "official" history books don't want to dig into, I'll bet.

Kinda wonder when calls for OU to drop the "Sooner" name will start... there's a lot of brutality glossed over in the "land rush"

Nice job with two posts.

Sure I?ve been hearining about this, movie, haven?t seen it yet.

Here?s what you have failed to report in two posts:

That the movie is about something.

That the movie is good or it sucks.

Or something in between.

Last edited:
oh it's good.

the casting is good. and I don't want to say too much, or ruin anything, but Scorsese knows what he's doing.

I think there are a few scenes that could benefit from some exposition to provide context to the audience. for example, one of the Osage women, when collecting her benefits dryly tells the clerk she's incompetent... which is confusing, because she's clearly not.

But by the territory laws put in place by whites, the natives were not allowed to legally manage their oil rights themselves, being "legally incompetent" and had to appoint a white clerk/attorney who could pay themselves up to several thousand dollars of that person's oil revenue share every year for doing little more than rubber stamping things.

here's the imdb link.

you might have a different definition of movie star than I do, so you's can check it out for yourself

Back