Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Last Night's Lunar Eclipse

Michchamp

Anybody else get a chance to see it last night? skies were perfectly clear here, although it was a bit cold (for Houston).

It was pretty neat, but as a modern, scientifically-educated person the novelty was pretty limited.

Seeing the way it changed, you could really imagine how scientifically ignorant primitive peoples, and their equivalent - MAGA-supporters today would get freaked out about it. First the Moon gets gradually obscured by blackness, then lightens a bit and takes on a reddish hue, until it gradually moves out of Earth's shadow. Wild stuff.

Hope tigermud didn't get too frightened by it, and think an alien invasion was on or the 2nd Coming of Christ something like that.

Damn it it was clear and very cold here in GR and I totally forgot about it after being reminded multiple times. Damnit it all. I should set my alarm clock on my phone.

Last edited:
I think a great space beast swallowed the moon. But the moon was too powerful for it. It heated up and melted the great space beast away.

I think a great space beast swallowed the moon. But the moon was too powerful for it. It heated up and melted the great space beast away.

I visited my soothsayer, and paid him $500 to slaughter a goat in front of me (I also had to supply the goat), and read its entrails.

This is perfectly reasonable. He said the moon turning red and the entrails and all that jazz indicated bad luck was on the horizon and I should carry extra tokens and charms to ward it off.

Now on the other hand, believing that the Moon simply moved behind the Earth for a few minutes and scientists accurately predicted this... now that's just plain nuts. FAKE NEWS.

I visited my soothsayer, and paid him $500 to slaughter a goat in front of me (I also had to supply the goat), and read its entrails.

This is perfectly reasonable. He said the moon turning red and the entrails and all that jazz indicated bad luck was on the horizon and I should carry extra tokens and charms to ward it off.

Now on the other hand, believing that the Moon simply moved behind the Earth for a few minutes and scientists accurately predicted this... now that's just plain nuts. FAKE NEWS.

I'm following the scientific method. 1st I observed something and then I formed a hypothesis. The next step is to design a test that will yield results that are conditional on the presence of giant moon-swallowing space beasts.

I'm following the scientific method. 1st I observed something and then I formed a hypothesis. The next step is to design a test that will yield results that are conditional on the presence of giant moon-swallowing space beasts.

scientific method...?

scientific method...?
Yeah. You observe something interesting, form a hypothesis to explain it, and create a test that will support or disprove your hypothesis (note: 'support' not 'prove'). I did the 1st two steps.

Then the results of my test can be the observation for another round.

But I need to develop a test.

Was thinking the board's resident Pagan Libertarian might have some thoughts on the Blood Wolf Eclipse event

Back