Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Maher Will Cross the Line

tinselwolverine

So anyways, I don?t know if you guys know this, but there?s a big ass actors and writers strike going all out here in La La Land.

I guess because non-union employees of the Maher show are starving to death, he?s bringing his show back.

A little ironical that Hollywood?s biggest libtard is suddenly Hollywood?s biggest scab.

Perhaps he has been spending too much time with Ben Shapiro.

So anyways, I don?t know if you guys know this, but there?s a big ass actors and writers strike going all out here in La La Land.

I guess because non-union employees of the Maher show are starving to death, he?s bringing his show back.

A little ironical that Hollywood?s biggest libtard is suddenly Hollywood?s biggest scab.

Perhaps he has been spending too much time with Ben Shapiro.

Certainly we can't expect his audience to support this betrayal to the Writers Guild, not to mention IATSE 600, SAG-AFTRA, Teamsters, DGA, MPE, MPA, Animation Guild, PGA ... I mean, where's he going to get all his below-the-liners?

This isn't really surprising. Maher's always been a bum.

I've been following this a bit, and one thing I don't see mentioned as much in the national media - which is owned by and programmed by the same large corporations that have an interest in seeing workers crushed for ownership's and management's profit - is that they're fighting to ensure management can't just use AI to replace writers and actors.

e.g. "Viacom took a picture of you once, paid you $50,000, and now can own your likeness to use in every picture, commercial, recording, etc. they want and never pay you another penny, instead of the millions they should."

Or

"you wrote the scripts for 100 episodes of this TV series. We can now use those to train a computer to pump out another 100 episodes and never pay you for license to the content that we should have to."

If the studios & corporations win - and it's rare that workers win - I expect the next fight to be the studios and corporations control over ALL the media we watch, because the stuff written by AI is going to be so shitty, no one will want to tune in otherwise if they have any alternatives.

as an aside, AI - in my humble opinion - is just the latest pump-and-dump scam Silicon Valley has come up with. The air's been running out of the holes in the "crypto" balloon, and NFTs were disappointing, so it's on to AI now.

It's not actual "artificial intelligence" despite what they're calling it, and we've already been using the same technology for years - every time your phone or MS Word or Outlook "suggests" the next word or phrase for you to use... that's "AI" apparently.

It's just a text generator that vacuums up blocks of text (really stealing and violating the author's copyright in that text) to "train" itself to generate more text like that, according to its programming.

Speaking of AI and writing...

Has James Cameron weighed in? I assume a lot of big names are close enough to the money guys that they feel it's in their best interest to appear impartial.

I heard a podcast a month or two ago where some SAG-AFTRA rep was saying producers were slowly coming around to the union efforts, realizing the "Netflix model" or "Amazon model" was fucking them over too.

Speaking of AI and writing...

Has James Cameron weighed in? I assume a lot of big names are close enough to the money guys that they feel it's in their best interest to appear impartial.

I heard a podcast a month or two ago where some SAG-AFTRA rep was saying producers were slowly coming around to the union efforts, realizing the "Netflix model" or "Amazon model" was fucking them over too.

It?s a whole new world.

Except - there is nothing new under the sun.

There is more CO2 in the atmosphere now, and this is growing at an increasing amount and choking out life on the planet. that's KIND OF new.

Cool.

My post was literally a quote from Ecclesiastes.

Like the Bible and stuff.

I think Coach Harbaugh referred to the book of Ecclesiastes when he was changing quarterback last season.

Plus the book of Ecclesiastes I think it was written by Solomon, and it was before the Christian testament about Jesus and such things.

If you have an argument with my post, go to Coach Harbaugh.

EDIT: Oh, my B. I forgot to include that today is Rosh Hashana

The Jewish New Year.

Happy New Year.

Shana Tova.

Last edited:
There is more CO2 in the atmosphere now, and this is growing at an increasing amount and choking out life on the planet. that's KIND OF new.

Don't despair, John Kerry is gallivanting around the globe in his jet exhorting us to stop flying around the world in jets and to stop farming. Interestingly, farming existed when CO2 levels were a lot lower. But jet engines didn't.

Cool.

My post was literally a quote from Ecclesiastes.

Like the Bible and stuff.

I think Coach Harbaugh referred to the book of Ecclesiastes when he was changing quarterback last season.

Plus the book of Ecclesiastes I think it was written by Solomon, and it was before the Christian testament about Jesus and such things.

If you have an argument with my post, go to Coach Harbaugh.

EDIT: Oh, my B. I forgot to include that today is Rosh Hashana

The Jewish New Year.

Happy New Year.

Shana Tova.

The main message of Ecclesiastes is the vainness of all worldly things. Unfortunately, even Solomon fell prey to them.

Back