Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Baseball 2024 update 4/26/24

Michigan takes two of three against Maryland. They are 11-17 and (4-2) in conference.

Michigan a gets even with Emu blasting them 18-6 in 7 innings yesterday.
They have won 3 in a row and are 12-17 on the season.

Michigans modest three game winning streak is over losing the opener of a three game series at Iowa 3-2 in 10 innings.

Michigan wins another series inching closer to .500 (14-18) overall and 6-3 in conference winning the last two games in Iowa 4-3 and 10-6. Wolverines have won five out of the last six games .

I wonder how M can get players from all over the US and beyond and be a .500 team. To risk of saying "when I was _________." I looked at the teams from 1975-1979 and most of the players from what I can tell were from Michigan and Ohio, and I played against several of them in Legion ball and High School. Heck, two of them were from Royal Oak (my hometown). 75-78 teams qualified for the NCAA Tournament and the 1978 team went to the CWS.

Actually, I know the answer. Kids don't play baseball any more.

Last edited:
Team is now 2-3 against western Michigan losing 10-9 yesterday giving up a damn 5 spot in the top of the 9th. Yikes. Just can’t get over .500. Now 14-19.

Michigan gets a pinch hit three run Homer to beat (5-24) Milwaukee-Wisconsin 3-1.
Voits homer came in the bottom of the 8th. Team is now 15-19 on the season .

Game was Postponed with Minnesota today . DH Saturday l

Doubleheader split with Minnesota. Won 8-1. Lost 8-3.

16-20 and 7-4 in conference.

Michigan takes the series with Minnesota 10-3 . Inching closer to .500 (17-20).
They are 8-4 in conference.

Series tied with Osu. Michigan was smoked today 13-1..
Team falls to 19-21 and 9-5 overall.

Michigan beats osu 7-5 winning weekend series. Team is 20-21 overall and 10-5 in conference.

Michigan finally gets back to .500 (21-21) (10-5) in conference..Beating Long Beach
State 14-7 today.

Back