Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ncaa Hockey Final Four 4/11/24

M scores 4 in 3rd, 2 in :12, and a PP capper ... 5-2. 3rd-straight final four appearance!

Frozen Four , St Paul Minnesota April 11th, 2024.
Overall seeds in the tournament.

#2 Boston U (29-10-2)
#3 Denver (30-9-3)

#1 Boston College (33-5-1)
#10 Michigan (23-14-3)

Last edited:
Michigan wins 5-2. Highlights. Third frozen four in a row. Michigan scores four goals in the third period and two in 12 seconds to take a 4-2 lead. PP goal was the fifth goal.

Frozen Four , St Paul Minnesota April 11th, 2024.
Overall seeds in the tournament.

#2 Boston U (29-10-2)
#3 Denver (30-9-3)…………..Wins 2-1 in ot.

#1 Boston College (33-5-1)
#10 Michigan (23-14-3)

Last edited:
BC up 2-0 and 3-0. It’s pretty much over now. Um was on a PP then Duke was called for a tripping that looked incidental to me. BC scored 4 on 4 on a puck that should be saved then a breakaway goal off a turnover probably sealed it. Michigan is passing to much and not shooting at the net. And when they do they miss the net completely . Seems like we always have issues scoring goals at the FF against the good teams.

Lost 4-0 This will be the third straight final four the Wolverines have lost in the semifinal. Three years running. I think it’s now 4 final four semifinal losses in a row. Idk….They could play 10 games against BC and maybe win 1 or 2 if they were lucky. BC goalie is saving everything thrown at him.
Since 1998 Michigan just has an awful record in the Frozen Four. Big Ten drought continues.

First time ever Michigan was shutout in a Frozen Four.

Lost 4-0 This will be the third straight final four the Wolverines have lost in the semifinal. Three years running. I think it’s now 4 final four semifinal losses in a row. Idk….They could play 10 games against BC and maybe win 1 or 2 if they were lucky. BC goalie is saving everything thrown at him.
Since 1998 Michigan just has an awful record in the Frozen Four. Big Ten drought continues.
There's a reason those east teams are just always better.. BIG just doesn't stack up..

I'll consider this as a successful season for Michigan Hockey. Boston College was / is the better team in all phases of the game. The bracket also favored Michigan, as Quinnipac is also better than Michigan. As for the college team in the East being better, there is something to that, but the players are sourced from the same junior leagues that Michigan draws from. I did notice that BC has several more players from the NTDP than Michigan does ( 9 to 5 respectively), which strikes me as odd since the program is right there in Ann Arbor.

I completely agree and disagree . Michigan had plenty of talent to win this thing. Wasn’t BC a loaded Freshmen team like Michigan was three seasons ago ? Other teams rise to the occasion. We also do until we get to the frozen Four. You can’t tell me we were not favored 3 years ago with that loaded lineup but I could be wrong.

Yes we struggle around .500 all season and finally got it going. We did have to face North Dakota and the #4 seed msu in the regionals. we did have the number 1 power play. We just get to these semifinals and it’s always something.

It’s weird that we let talent in our back yard go elsewhere from those development areas .

I was really hoping they would continue the momentum from the regional and pull this one out. Oh well. Still a great accomplishment to make it to the FF three times in a row. Better than sitting at home watching it on TV. GO BLUE!

But Now Denver Passes Michigan for its 10th title 2-0 over that young BC team we couldn’t stop.. frustrating we can’t win one of these. Been to a bunch Since 1998.

Back