Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NCAA Tournament

The way things are going, my guess is a lot of these games will be played in empty arenas. Almost for sure by the time they get to the final 4.

Yeah they just announced limited or no crowds allowed for both men and women. I am really torn. I want people to be safe but this all feels like a overreaction to me. I guess better safe then sorry later.

So here is a quote from the coach of the Baylor women's basketball team regarding COVID and if the games will continue.

"The answer is this: The season will continue on. It's called the almighty dollar," Mulkey said after the Lady Bears lost 75-71 to Iowa State in Waco, Texas, ending the longest current home-court winning streak in Division I women's basketball at 61 games. "The NCAA has to have the almighty dollar from the men's tournament. The almighty dollar is more important than the health and welfare of me, the players or anybody else."

OK, if you are so concerned, quit. Nobody is forcing her to continue to coach. And if it weren't for the Men's tournament she wouldn't even have a coaching job. There wouldn't be a women's basketball team to coach. STFU.

dook basketball team has a COVID case, their season is over. I wonder if it's even true or if krooziewooksi realized he had no shot at the tourney so he decided to have his streak end with an asterisk instead of an ass-kicking by Florida State.

I wonder how hard he's campaigning for the whole tournament to be cancelled.

Last edited:
It's neat to see the nuanced evolution of our opinions as new information becomes available.

It's neat to see the nuanced evolution of our opinions as new information becomes available.

I'm sure the posters in that thread that insisted it was all much ado about nothing, anyone concerned about it was a "CUCK" or a "SHEEP," and posted all sorts of garbage links have since admitted they're wrong, and engaged in some serious soul-searching now that we're closing in on 600,000 dead Americans a year later.

I'm sure the posters in that thread that insisted it was all much ado about nothing, anyone concerned about it was a "CUCK" or a "SHEEP," and posted all sorts of garbage links have since admitted they're wrong, and engaged in some serious soul-searching now that we're closing in on 600,000 dead Americans a year later.

someone should un-ban nsonnett14 so we can make fun of him

Exactly. Everybody's 1st comment is pretty much identical to their last comment.

Exactly. Everybody's 1st comment is pretty much identical to their last comment.

except the people saying "hey, this is scary, let's take precautions until
we know more
" were smart & prudent.

and the people saying "this is nothing. Why can't I go to Buffalo Wild Wings and watch hockey? A lack of data means we know it's not dangerous. if it was dangerous, we'd already be sick and dying" were dumb and reckless, and are still dumb and reckless today.

Back