Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Patriots Hire Jerod Mayo

I think they said he had an agreement in place in his contract. This way they can avoid the Rodney rule. They knew he'd be the guy.

I don't think they don't have to abide by the Rooney rule because they hired a black guy.

I will ask my friends what they think of the hiring tonight at cigar night.

They could have drawn it out with the Rooney rule and interviewed a few more.

See where Vrabel goes. I would be surprised if he doesn't get another head coaching job.

Vrabel should be an easy hire somewhere. Seems the Commanders got there GM from the 49ers. He should be getting to know Vrabel right now.

The narrative has been that Mayo was the guy taking Bill's place, but when there's proven candidates readily available, I think this is a terrible move. I wonder how soon this blows up in their face.

Vrabel would have been my hire 100%.

Back