Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Random Clips 2020-21

Just horrible. Both are signed forever.

Krug was always bad defensively.

Last season he had near 70% offensive zone start which is ridiculous. It goes above the level of protecting a bad defensive player.

He was only the worst D in +/- in a top Boston team.

Glad Detroit didn't get him.

He's an offensive dynamo but can't be asked to play D. Keep in mind he is 29 now with 7 years on that deal.

Yandle plays similar style and can be found cheap since Florida wants to dump him.

At least Namestnikov doesn't skate pass everyone loses his balance and falls into the boards. And if Namestnikov is a shitty passer then he's already better than AA.

Overall Namestnikov is better than AA due to superior defensive play, but offensively, AA wipes the floor with Namestnikov.

Ideally, AA is a 2nd line winger on a good team.
Namestnikov is a proven middle 6 checking forward.

AA did lead Namestnikov in assists those past 2 seasons.

Got an early lead this season with an assist last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsOLKOqiKm0&ab_channel=LAKings

Defensive play is something that can be coached.

Sadly, Detroit coaches Blashill/Houda cannot do this.

During their tenure only 1 Wings defenseman improved in terms of defensive positioning. Kyle Quincey, and that's cause they turned a 30-40 point guy into a defensive D-man.

Is it a co-incidence DK magically improved while off injured? Would it be lack of Blash/Houda's influence on his game? He was great in terms of positioning then he came to the league.
Same with Cholowski the first handful of games in NHL.
Even Hronek got worse and worse as last season wore on. Was it just the toll of the season or crap coaching?

AA is what he is. Reminds me of FRK who could shoot and was effective on the power play. But did absolutely nothing else. Last year for Namestnikov doesn't count he was on 3 separate teams. But he had 20+ assist 4 times. I'll be shocked if AA does that again.

Yes, Bashill is not the guy to lead this team forward.

AA is what he is. Reminds me of FRK who could shoot and was effective on the power play. But did absolutely nothing else. Last year for Namestnikov doesn't count he was on 3 separate teams. But he had 20+ assist 4 times. I'll be shocked if AA does that again.

Yes, Bashill is not the guy to lead this team forward.

AA has speed, hands, and a wrist shot.

Frk only has that 1 timer and is one of slower skaters in NHL. Frk is a poorman's Pulkkinen without the playmaking or skating.

AA probably sees the ice offensively better as well, but he will need to adapt as he ages and losses speed to be more of a playmaker.

Back