Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

RIP Jeff Beck

Michchamp

I have Beck-Ola and it rocks.

People supposedly used to think Jeff Beck was the singer (that was Rod Stewart) and not the guitarist, and it would piss Beck off.

Listening to it now.

He was 78, which is kinda old, but not like that old anymore. I think Diane Feinstein is like 99, and Biden and Trump are 88 or something, and they all seem functional, lol.

People supposedly used to think Jeff Beck was the singer (that was Rod Stewart) and not the guitarist, and it would piss Beck off.

Listening to it now.

He was 78, which is kinda old, but not like that old anymore. I think Diane Feinstein is like 99, and Biden and Trump are 88 or something, and they all seem functional, lol.

Trump is 77 and Biden 80. My mom's 88 if that matters.

Beck was great. Rest in peace.

three posts in and I still don't know who you guys are talking about, so I googled his name.

Still don't know who he is/was. I never heard of the Jeff Beck Group. The Yardbirds sounds familiar. Maybe one of those bands that if I heard a song it would ring a bell.

I had 2nd-row tickets to see Jeff Beck at Masonic Temple in the late 70s. I don't remember the exact year. He cancelled the show. I was not happy about that. Hadn't thought about him for a long time.

Who on earth with a brain and the ability to hear could have ever thought that?

That young lady playing bass in "Behind the Veil" was 21 at the time. Tai Wickenfeld.

Last edited:
I had 2nd-row tickets to see Jeff Beck at Masonic Temple in the late 70s. I don't remember the exact year. He cancelled the show. I was not happy about that. Hadn't thought about him for a long time.

How do you feel about him dying?

three posts in and I still don't know who you guys are talking about, so I googled his name.

Still don't know who he is/was. I never heard of the Jeff Beck Group. The Yardbirds sounds familiar. Maybe one of those bands that if I heard a song it would ring a bell.

I remember hearing about them by reading about greatest guitarists/greatest guitar solos when I was a teenager. But since he was never in a famous classic rock band, other than his stint with the Yardbirds, by the time I started listening to music in the 90's, you had to search to find his music. It wasn't all over classic rock radio, and he wasn't a household name, like the Beatles.

this kicks ass though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4_KR_6Eb-Y

Last edited by a moderator:
Back