Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

RIP Jim Seals

Michchamp

Of Seals and Crofts... a way underrated "two guys names" band. He was 80.

They don't really have bands like that anymore, but they were all pretty great.

Simon and Garfunkel... Brewer and Shipley... Seals and Crofts... Loggins and Messina.

Back then, you just found another guy like you and started writing songs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't include Hall and Oates, because they expressly didn't want to be another "two guys names" band. But they basically were another

Last edited by a moderator:
When Neal Young joined Crosby Stills and Nash, the they become two full two guy bands in one?

Also did Ian and Sylvia count as a two guy band? She was pretty butch and he was literally a working cowboy, that?s probably guy enough for two.

Last edited:
When Neal Young joined Crosby Stills and Nash, the they become two full two guy bands in one?

Also did Ian and Sylvia count as a two guy band? She was pretty butch and he was literally a working cowboy, that?s probably guy enough for two.
No, they were just a 4 guy band.

And I don't know who Ian and Sylvia are. Is that some LA thing?

No, they were just a 4 guy band.

And I don't know who Ian and Sylvia are. Is that some LA thing?

They?re an old Canadian primarily folk duo. A number of the songs they wrote have been covered by better-known artists, the first who comes to mind is Gordon Lightfoot.

Back