Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sanders to Colorado

Deion essentially telling the existing CU team to leave the program. Then he gets them to chant "Smart" and "Tough" ... as if to imply they the existing players aren't either. Audio of the address to the players was leaked.

Deion essentially telling the existing CU team to leave the program. Then he gets them to chant "Smart" and "Tough" ... as if to imply they the existing players aren't either. Audio of the address to the players was leaked.

Maybe Coach Prime is trying to imply they can change.

To being smart and tough.

Who knows?

We?ll find out.

Maybe Coach Prime is trying to imply they can change.

To being smart and tough.

Who knows?

We?ll find out.

There's a video. He could not be more clear about his intentions.

Deion: "I'm coming."

EDIT: A friend observed that this is normally saying the quiet parts out loud and is apparently "overconfidence" on the issue of restocking at team in a single season of "pirating players from other programs" (quoted: my observation)

Last edited:

Sounds like "The RichRod approach..." (trademark registration pending): run off all your existing talent, then say they weren't good enough anyway, bash the coaches you took over from, tell the fans to get a life, and then blame all of them for not supporting you when you lose games.

I was going to say "I have no idea whether or not this is going to be a disaster," but after reading this thread, I'm leaning toward "disaster."

The only thing Deion has going for him is the lack of expectations... in their last 3 full seasons, CU has gone 5-7, 4-8, and 1-11. Going 0-12 is not meaningfully worse than that

Maybe if Deion can get them back to 5-7, MSU can hire him to replace Mel Tucker? :lmao:

There was never any doubt that college football players are fungible, but, now, that's been left to zero interpratation.

"Some positions are already taken. I'm bringing my luggage [players], and it's Louis." (Vuitton). Implying the players that he addressed amount to Salvation-Army-Grade footlockers.

There was never any doubt that college football players are fungible, but, now, that's been left to zero interpratation.

"Some positions are already taken. I'm bringing my luggage [players], and it's Louis." (Vuitton). Implying the players that he addressed amount to Salvation-Army-Grade footlockers.

It?s a different world.

But look - it?s a world in which Michigan wins back to back outright Big Ten championships of football - and as for what?s next? - who knows?

I suppose being able to freely bring players with them when they jump
jobs is one reason coaches bitched less about NIL and the transfer portal than I expected.

Still... he's making a BOAST of bringing Jackson State-level talent - an FCS team - to the Pac 12?

He's the Kanye West of football coaches right now

I accidentally called it Jacksonville State before doing a quick search of teams to make sure I got the right one... RichRod is actually the Jacksonville State coach right now, LOL.

I suppose being able to freely bring players with them when they jump
jobs is one reason coaches bitched less about NIL and the transfer portal than I expected.

Still... he's making a BOAST of bringing Jackson State-level talent - an FCS team - to the Pac 12?

He's the Kanye West of football coaches right now

I expect that Deion thinks that every high-school player in the nation wants to play for him. And I bet that many of them do. But they all can't.

Last edited:
I accidentally called it Jacksonville State before doing a quick search of teams to make sure I got the right one... RichRod is actually the Jacksonville State coach right now, LOL.

I bet that he shares his warm memories of Michigan with his recruits and players.

Went on YT and watched a few of Deion's addresses to this JSU team. He's good.

Went on YT and watched a few of Deion's addresses to this JSU team. He's good.

there are allegations floating around that the University Admins were pocketing the increased ticket revenues and FCS playoff incentives that they were earning since Sanders took over, contrary to what they agreed to. And also that he was funding some of the team's expenses out of his own pocket.

If true, you gotta give him some credit.

It takes a lot to cede the moral high ground in college athletics to football coaches, but I have no reason to doubt University Administrators (not faculty, I mean specifically the admins/management) can consistently rise to that challenge.

there are allegations floating around that the University Admins were pocketing the increased ticket revenues and FCS playoff incentives that they were earning since Sanders took over, contrary to what they agreed to. And also that he was funding some of the team's expenses out of his own pocket.

If true, you gotta give him some credit.

It takes a lot to cede the moral high ground in college athletics to football coaches, but I have no reason to doubt University Administrators (not faculty, I mean specifically the admins/management) can consistently rise to that challenge.

Universities, in a global context, are one of the biggest scams presently in play.

Back