Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sayonara!

Mike

Well, not really. But I am stepping down as Owner & Admin here at DSF. I'm sure your new Admin, Cameron, will do a fine job with the forum and continue to take it in the right direction. I've been in talks with him for the last few years, and he showed interest in taking over the reins if/when I couldn't devote the time to it anymore that it deserves. I guess that time has come. I've just been too busy with other things lately, so it makes sense.

I've absolutely loved every minute of running DSF for the past 12 years. I can't believe it's been that long already. You guys were great, and made the forum easy to run. There's been one or two bad apples, but that's normal with any forum. The Moderators are a great bunch of guys, and I truly appreciate all the help they've given me over the years.

I'll still browse the boards when I can, and I'll be sure to stop in and say 'hi' every now and then. Thanks again to everyone here at DSF.. it's been fun! :cheers:

GO LIONS!

-Mike

Last edited:
Well, not really. But I am stepping down as Owner & Admin here at DSF. I'm sure your new Admin, Cameron, will do a fine job with the forum and continue to take it in the right direction. I've been in talks with him for the last few years, and he showed interest in taking over the reins if/when I couldn't devote the time to it anymore that it deserves. I guess that time has come. I've just been too busy with other things lately, so it makes sense.

I've absolutely loved every minute of running DSF for the past 12 years. I can't believe it's been that long already. You guys were great, and made the forum easy to run. There's been one or two bad apples, but that's normal with any forum. The Moderators are a great bunch of guys, and I truly appreciate all the help they've given me over the years.

I'll still browse the boards when I can, and I'll be sure to stop in and say 'hi' every now and then. Thanks again to everyone here at DSF.. it's been fun! :cheers:

GO LIONS!

-Mike

I hope ya made some money.

I'm glad you were here for 12 years.. It was a big help IM. Thank you. Good luck whatever comes next for you..

GO LIONS!

-Mike

Mika, It has been a pleasure having you here and being able to ask you questions on topics regarding the DSF. I wish you success in all your new goals.
You will be missed.

Mike: Thank you for your hard work and commitment that enabled us to communicate and connect. We look forward to doing the same under Cam?s leadership.

Mike, thank you for leading this prospering community for so many years. You've done an awesome job establishing this as the best of the best in terms of Detroit sports discussions, and I look forward to continuing this success for many years to come. I greatly appreciate you passing the torch to me. :)

Mike, thank you for leading this prospering community for so many years. You've done an awesome job establishing this as the best of the best in terms of Detroit sports discussions, and I look forward to continuing this success for many years to come. I greatly appreciate you passing the torch to me. :)

Cam, I wish you the same success at the DSF. We have a great community of passionate fans of professional and collegiate Detroit and state of Michigan sports teams, as well as the non sports off topic forums.

Cam, I also hope going forward you make some money.

Cam, I also hope going forward you make some money.

I'm in this for the love of sports.... And forums. I got into this hobby using a website called "UpperDeckKids" way back in the day, which was when Upper Deck used to put codes on the back of all of their sports cards and we could enter them in online and redeem prizes. Anyway, Upper Deck had a forum set up on there as well, and all of us young sports fans were able to connect and talk sports. I then eventually created my own sports forum that I ran for many years, but our group all eventually moved on.

There's no niche I'm more passionate about. Monetization is cool, but any income being generated from this would go right back into the site, in the goal of achieving more growth.

I'm in this for the love of sports.... And forums. I got into this hobby using a website called "UpperDeckKids" way back in the day, which was when Upper Deck used to put codes on the back of all of their sports cards and we could enter them in online and redeem prizes. Anyway, Upper Deck had a forum set up on there as well, and all of us young sports fans were able to connect and talk sports. I then eventually created my own sports forum that I ran for many years, but our group all eventually moved on.

There's no niche I'm more passionate about. Monetization is cool, but any income being generated from this would go right back into the site, in the goal of achieving more growth.

Maybe you?re already a tech billionaire, I don?t know.

Anyway, thanks for loving and obtaining the forum, welcome aboard new skipper, and best wishes and good luck.

EDIT: I guess I should have said ?ten-HUT? when I welcomed you aboard, as is appropriate, standard and customary when a new leader is welcomed aboard by a ranking mate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cam
Maybe you?re already a tech billionaire, I don?t know.

Anyway, thanks for loving and obtaining the forum, welcome aboard new skipper, and best wishes and good luck.

EDIT: I guess I should have said ?ten-HUT? when I welcomed you aboard, as is appropriate, standard and customary when a new leader is welcomed aboard by a ranking mate.

I would certainly love to be a tech billionaire, but that hasn't happened for me just yet. Maybe someday!

Back