Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Texas and OU to the SEC

So A&M can leave the Big 12 and go to the SEC but if TX wants to they get pissed

I guess they wanted to be the only Texas SEC team. Someone is refuting the accusation that they didn't know.

Also rumors about Kansas and Iowa State trying to talk to the Big Ten now. Big Ten people saying they haven't talked to anyone.

Just rumors all over the place reacting to the 1st story.

Last edited:

they're all chasing illusory profits, having convinced themselves that their "product" can grow in popularity indefinitely, and fans will not get turned off by the desperate consolidation resulting in longstanding rivalries and traditions getting tossed aside.

...all so that the Big Ten Network or SEC can show up to their TV contract negotiations with higher potential audience numbers. But as I've cited elsewhere those numbers were already down last year, while Americans were stuck at home during a pandemic.

It's all bad. The people running it all are greedy and dumb. It all needs to crash and burn, and it will.

Last edited by a moderator:
A 16-team conference isn?t a conference. It?s a convention.

I'm excited to learn what new "traditional" rivalries we will become passionate about in the coming years. Yay sports

Them Bama vs. [Insert FCS team] matchups are riveting football. This year, that ?traditional? rivalry for the Crimson Tide is ? Mercer.

Clemson?s ?Big Game? this year is against South Carolina ?. State.

I?ll have to go to a bar to watch, I guess.

Last edited:
Back