Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers 2023-2024 Offseason: Trades, Free Agents, Call ups, Rule 5, tender, non-tender

BUYER BEWARE.
Totally Tigers

BUYER BEWARE.
Totally Tigers
I wonder if Baez is getting some sort of mental-psychological help in this. He's never been a stellar hitter, but there's been a drastic drop in his offensive performance as a Tiger compared to as a Cub/Met.

Cubs:
.262​
.303​
.474​
.777​
Tigers
.227​
.268​
.354​
.622​

I looked to see my initial reaction to the Baez signing. My main concern was the length of the deal, and Baez's OPB over a three-year span. LINK

Last edited:
I wonder if Baez is getting some sort of mental-psychological help in this. He's never been a stellar hitter, but there's been a drastic drop in his offensive performance as a Tiger compared to as a Cub/Met.

Cubs:
.262​
.303​
.474​
.777​
Tigers
.227​
.268​
.354​
.622​

I looked to see my initial reaction to the Baez signing. My main concern was the length of the deal, and Baez's OPB over a three-year span. LINK

Given his defense and the league average for SS had he maintained that OBP it would have been a tolerable signing.

I don't know that anyone saw him going from 17 home runs 2 years ago to 9 after averaging 20 plus in the non covid years

He can't lay off outside strikes to save his life

THE HUNGRY HEART.
Totally Tigers

THE HUNGRY HEART.
Totally Tigers
A glaring omission to this list of players who were traded, DFAd, or reformed is Baez. I wonder why that is.

You're not going to get an answer here. Try asking the questions about Baez and her agenda in the comments section of her daily blog.

Back