Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's example of Christians behaving well

I don't think I follow what you're getting at, but 'full knowledge' is a caveat so exclusive, it renders sin nearly impossible.

No, it?s still a sin; the question is will the person committing it be punished.

As for the rest of us, so much for the 10 commandments, then, since no one is capable of knowing that the seven deadly sins are mortal in nature and that when they commit them, they are not ?fully? aware.

Nobody with full knowledge would ever commit one.

Joe Biden should be fully aware of the gravity of supporting abortion. Nancy Pelosi, too.

Anything anyone has ever regretted was done without full knowledge, since something must be learned to cause regret.

There are people in the world blinded by sin; and there are people in the world who knowingly live by it, or are in denial as a defense mechanism. And there are people who struggle with sin, which is most of those who want to take the advice of Pope Leo and never ?return to a base condition.? And there?s venial sin, too ? no one is exempt from that.

I am reasonably certain that Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi are in a state of grave sin, by what they do and say. They are not exceptions.

No, it?s still a sin; the question is will the person committing it be punished.

As for the rest of us, so much for the 10 commandments, then, since no one is capable of knowing that the seven deadly sins are mortal in nature and that when they commit them, they are not ?fully? aware.

Joe Biden should be fully aware of the gravity of supporting abortion. Nancy Pelosi, too.

There are people in the world blinded by sin; and there are people in the world who knowingly live by it, or are in denial as a defense mechanism. And there are people who struggle with sin, which is most of those who want to take the advice of Pope Leo and never ?return to a base condition.? And there?s venial sin, too ? no one is exempt from that.

I am reasonably certain that Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi are in a state of grave sin, by what they do and say. They are not exceptions.

'blinded' is another word for lacking a certain knowledge. I'm just saying 'full knowledge' is a super high bar. It's an absolute. Is full knowledge even possible?

'blinded' is another word for lacking a certain knowledge. I'm just saying 'full knowledge' is a super high bar. It's an absolute. Is full knowledge even possible?

Here: I say ? absolutely full knowledge is possible.

1857 For a sin to be mortal, three conditions must together be met: "Mortal sin is sin whose object is grave matter and which is also committed with full knowledge and deliberate consent."131

1858 Grave matter is specified by the Ten Commandments, cor- responding to the answer of Jesus to the rich young man: "Do not kill, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your father and your mother."132 The gravity of sins is more or less great: murder is graver than theft. One must also take into account who is wronged: violence against parents is in itself graver than violence against a stranger.

1859 Mortal sin requires full knowledge and complete consent. It presupposes knowledge of the sinful character of the act, of its opposition to God's law. It also implies a consent sufficiently deliberate to be a personal choice. Feigned ignorance and hardness of heart133 do not diminish, but rather increase, the voluntary character of a sin.

1860 Unintentional ignorance can diminish or even remove the imputability of a grave offense. But no one is deemed to be ignorant of the principles of the moral law, which are written in the con* science of every man. The promptings of feelings and passions can also diminish the voluntary and free character of the offense, as can external pressures or pathological disorders. Sin committed through malice, by deliberate choice of evil, is the gravest

Last edited:
Here: I say ? absolutely full knowledge is possible.

1857 For a sin to be mortal, three conditions must together be met: "Mortal sin is sin whose object is grave matter and which is also committed with full knowledge and deliberate consent."131

1858 Grave matter is specified by the Ten Commandments, cor- responding to the answer of Jesus to the rich young man: "Do not kill, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your father and your mother."132 The gravity of sins is more or less great: murder is graver than theft. One must also take into account who is wronged: violence against parents is in itself graver than violence against a stranger.

1859 Mortal sin requires full knowledge and complete consent. It presupposes knowledge of the sinful character of the act, of its opposition to God's law. It also implies a consent sufficiently deliberate to be a personal choice. Feigned ignorance and hardness of heart133 do not diminish, but rather increase, the voluntary character of a sin.

1860 Unintentional ignorance can diminish or even remove the imputability of a grave offense. But no one is deemed to be ignorant of the principles of the moral law, which are written in the con* science of every man. The promptings of feelings and passions can also diminish the voluntary and free character of the offense, as can external pressures or pathological disorders. Sin committed through malice, by deliberate choice of evil, is the gravest
Last two are most relevant. Opposition to God's law is a significant phrase and very much in line with how I feel about this being a high bar. You have to be rebelling against God somehow. It's not enough to be dumb, mean, and/or selfish like most of the things people do that we think of as sin.

Last two are most relevant. Opposition to God's law is a significant phrase and very much in line with how I feel about this being a high bar. You have to be rebelling against God somehow. It's not enough to be dumb, mean, and/or selfish like most of the things people do that we think of as sin.

It?s all relevant.

How do you know they?re not ranked in reverse order, like they do in the presentation of the finalists and the winner of the Miss America pageant?

In that case lust would move from third to fourth.

third to fifth.

Since you bring it up, I used to wonder how the second place finisher felt - they announce the finishers in reverse order up to 3rd and then when it's down to the final two, they just announce the winner, drop the graffiti and the balloons, the camera zooms in on the winner w/ her crown and 2nd place never even gets mentioned. It's almost better to come in third. Poor wrath...

Via Twitter:

Pope Francis in his first public address in Hungary denounces gender ideology, warning of the ?baneful path taken by those forms of ideological colonisation that would cancel differences, as in the case of the so-called ?gender theory?. #PopeInHungary​

I mean relative to the condition of full knowledge

We'll never have full knowledge of Christianity because the church burned all the parts of the Bible they didn't want you to see ... sounds very Christian of them doesn't it?!

What if Lucifer was the good guy? He's the one that sacrificed himself for ETERNITY and left everything he knew just so mankind could be free from tierany of a divine rule and allow people the freedom to choose their own destiny.

Jesus on the other hand sacrificed himself so people could be saved from the place his dad created on the first place. If you were truly good why would you send people to everlasting torture? Jesus demands that you conform and submit to a higher power. Oh and by the way... his big sacrifice... it only lasted 3 days. Big deal.

No I'm not a Satanist... but God doesn't sound like this great guy everyone should blindly follow. The story of Adam and eve is a good example. God doesn't want adam to eat from the tree of knowledge so we can all live in darkness. The church has twisted the word of God... corrupted it at every turn... and used it as a tool for business, war etc. Jesus himself had a message of love freedom and equality ... which the church turned to obedience and submission.

To me it sounds like Lucifer and Jesus both wanted the same thing... to bring knowledge to the people.

How is that an example of Christians behaving well, though?

Back