Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

True Detective

Odd though, Cohle interviewed him one time asking about the one charter school, when he did his bit about his lawn-cutting contract the first time. I'm going to have to re-watch that episode and see if the scars were visible then or not.

Odd though, Cohle interviewed him one time asking about the one charter school, when he did his bit about his lawn-cutting contract the first time. I'm going to have to re-watch that episode and see if the scars were visible then or not.
refresh my memory on that one, i don't remember that. was it when he was looking for ledoux?

refresh my memory on that one, i don't remember that. was it when he was looking for ledoux?

It was episode 5 [The secret fate of all life] and it was 2002, just before his falling out with Hart. When he heard from the guy who committed suicide in his cell that Ledoux was not the Yellow King, he went and was checking schools, the guy was cutting the grass, when Cohle went inside he founf the stick sculptures and the drawings on the wall.

That was when he was going off the rails and getting in trouble with his boss.

It was episode 5 [The secret fate of all life] and it was 2002, just before his falling out with Hart. When he heard from the guy who committed suicide in his cell that Ledoux was not the Yellow King, he went and was checking schools, the guy was cutting the grass, when Cohle went inside he founf the stick sculptures and the drawings on the wall.

That was when he was going off the rails and getting in trouble with his boss.

It was an abandoned school, right? I remember that but not that guy. Good memory

It was an abandoned school, right? I remember that but not that guy. Good memory

Yes, when Cohle got there he talked to a man on a lawn tractor who said the same things as the guy in the last episode, that he worked for the parrish to cut the grass at the abandoned places, like schools, churches, and cemeteries.

Yes, when Cohle got there he talked to a man on a lawn tractor who said the same things as the guy in the last episode, that he worked for the parrish to cut the grass at the abandoned places, like schools, churches, and cemeteries.

I just pulled it up in demand and didn't see a tractor at all.

It was episode 3, beard covered the scars
2e6abu3a.jpg

Still wondering how it all ties together. The lawnmower man was ledouxs buddy and one of the masked men, also an illegitimate child of tuttle. What about the other people in the cult? What's the cacosa?

I'm thinking Tuttle, his nephew the governor, and others were the cult. The guy who didn't wear a mask was the one guy who was not a known face to the public, the bastard son with the scars.

Now it looks like their old colleague and now sheriff might have been involved as well, and Cohle is going to beat it out of him, then leave him for gator bait.

killing a sheriff.. That would take some big balls... But I get the sense Cohle does not want to live much longer anyway..

Going to be pretty impossible to have another season like this one. The acting, the drama, the WTF factor...

This might be the single best 1 season [these actors/story] show ever.

Pretty damn good...We pretty much nailed the guy a few episodes ago.. Hopefully next season will be good too...Tough to top with the talent this one had...

I don't know how they follow this up but I heard that it's a completely different story/setting with different actors.

still some unanswered questions, I'm still not sure what the cacosa was, i'm assuming that's the cult but what is the significance of the wood pyramids? who were the other men? i know they mentioned that there were others but was the senator involved? sheriff?

Anyone watch season 4 night country of this show? Watched EP1 today because it premiered last night while the Lions were on, but damn, seems more like Twin Peaks than True Detective so far...though it did leave me wanting more.

Back