Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

23rd pick in the draft ?

brewer228 said:
Also if Giants lose i think we would drop to 24th

23 or 24...perfect spot for Cordy Glenn or a starting CB.

Looks like at the moment there's 4-5 CBs projected to go in Round 1 and quite a few offensive linemen

I know people will simply want a corner, but I think the entire defense is in play other than DT. We need elite playmakers. Its that simple. Our OLBs and DEs are solid, but not a single one is a dynamic game-changing player, and I think we need at least 1. We can find a good corner in FA IMO. I would love an athletic freak at DE or OLB.

Also, I've kinda been wondering. With a new regime in St. Louis, does anyone think there's a chance they trade Jackson? They're gonna be in full rebuild mode, and Jackson has MAYBE 2 good seasons left. Running backs don't last long in the NFL. Wouldn't it be smart to deal him, get more picks, and move on with Bradford as the face of the franchise? I hope Mayhew at least calls.

lp4ever41 said:
I know people will simply want a corner, but I think the entire defense is in play other than DT. We need elite playmakers. Its that simple. Our OLBs and DEs are solid, but not a single one is a dynamic game-changing player, and I think we need at least 1. We can find a good corner in FA IMO. I would love an athletic freak at DE or OLB.

Not sure you could ask more than what Tulloch has done. He's game changing. We need cornerbacks.

I'm going to tell you this right now. They will absolutely draft the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE. Don't get your heart set on a certain position that we have to draft. The good news is we still need help in a lot of key areas so this covers a wide range.

We need a solid OG that holds on every play without getting caught.

Roger's NFL

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
lp4ever41 said:

Not sure you could ask more than what Tulloch has done. He's game changing. We need cornerbacks.
Not really. He's an elite player because he cleans plays up, has great instincts, doesn't make mistakes, can cover, and can tackle. But he's not an athletic freak who can change the game on 1 play. And he's not supposed to. He's perfect for a MLB. But on the outside, I want someone with elite size/speed.

Sure, if there's a stud corner available, take him. I'm simply saying that I think LBs and DEs are also an option in rd1

Does anybody know how much cap space the Lions have this offseason? Also are there any impact CB's available? I hope so because I cannot handle another season watching this secondary miss tackles and Leave wide receivers wide open

Romneybot said:
We need a solid OG that holds on every play without getting caught.

Roger's NFL
Yeah, I noticed that too. You make the Pro Bowl, you get away with it I guess.

tbone413 said:
Does anybody know how much cap space the Lions have this offseason? Also are there any impact CB's available? I hope so because I cannot handle another season watching this secondary miss tackles and Leave wide receivers wide open
Well they almost traded for Samuel, so I'm sure he'll be in play this offseason. Corteland Finnegan as well.

lp4ever41 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

Not really. He's an elite player because he cleans plays up, has great instincts, doesn't make mistakes, can cover, and can tackle. But he's not an athletic freak who can change the game on 1 play. And he's not supposed to. He's perfect for a MLB. But on the outside, I want someone with elite size/speed.

Sure, if there's a stud corner available, take him. I'm simply saying that I think LBs and DEs are also an option in rd1

Lol. "He's an elite player because he cleans plays up, has great instincts, doesn't make mistakes, can cover, and can tackle." -- so how is he not game changing? Lol.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
lp4ever41 said:

Lol. "He's an elite player because he cleans plays up, has great instincts, doesn't make mistakes, can cover, and can tackle." -- so how is he not game changing? Lol.
That's not really what I meant. He's not a freakish, dynamic athlete. He doesn't have to be one at MLB. I'm just saying, on the outside, we could use someone with elite size/speed. When I say game changer, I mean change the game on a single play. I love Tulloch, and we absolutely need him.

lp4ever41 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

That's not really what I meant. He's not a freakish, dynamic athlete. He doesn't have to be one at MLB. I'm just saying, on the outside, we could use someone with elite size/speed. When I say game changer, I mean change the game on a single play. I love Tulloch, and we absolutely need him.
One example would be Von Miller. Obviously, we're not getting someone THAT good at 23, but you get my point. He affects the game with his size/speed in way that Durant and Levy simply cannot.

Back