Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Borges GONE

just read up on nussenhiemererer.....he coached smoker and Stanton. CHAMPIONSHIP!

hmmmmm does that make the lane kiffin visit to Alabama as a "consultant" a bit suspicious?

This tidbit about Nussmeier:
This from John Garcia...

“The first word that recruits use, and that’s regardless of class recruits, with Nussmeier has been energy. A lot of people talk about him as a person before they ever get into any sales pitch or anything like that. That’s the first thing that is universal whether it’s a quarterback which is what you would expect with an offensive coordinator recruiting, or even defensive players that are just in his region. The universal theme has been his energy. He is a fun guy, he is a cool guy, he is a laid back guy. Those are things I’ve been hearing more and more the last few years he has been at the helm. He also knows, as you would imagine, how to identify talent. He locked down Ricky Town, the #1 quarterback in the class of 2015 very early… to the point that Ricky Town has been recruiting prospects for Alabama longer than a lot of 2014 commitments. A lot of that stems from Nussmeier’s energy and building a great product offensively. When all of the USC rumors were popping up because Ricky is from California and there was talk of Nussmeier going back to Washington (to be the head coach), Boise, or anywhere on the west coach, more of the worry came from Ricky Town himself. That’s how much Nussmeier has meant to his recruitment in particular.”

Well, Webb I think it was tweeted that it's been since the OSU game that Borges didn't have contact with at least the QB recruits, if not more. Didn't Kiffin's arrival in Tuscaloosa happen shortly thereafter?

Bama forum sounds glad he's gone...hoping for Kiffin.

Last edited:
just read up on nussenhiemererer.....he coached smoker and Stanton. CHAMPIONSHIP!

And how did those two play at MSU? Quit being a dick! If I remember right, Stanton was a 2nd round pick and Smoker was a pretty good passing QB. He did his job for them.

Lane Kiffin is a great offensive mind and I think he'll be a great OC at 'Bama; those fans have a right to be excited.

He's too much of a loose cannon and carries too much baggage to even be considered a possibility at UM.

At 'Bama, more seems to be tolerated, and Nick Saban likely keeps him in line more than Hoke could/would.

And how did those two play at MSU? Quit being a dick! If I remember right, Stanton was a 2nd round pick and Smoker was a pretty good passing QB. He did his job for them.

your giving credit to nussenhiemererer that Millen was an idiot and took Stanton in the 2nd round? I was just foolin lol....but to actually attempt to defend the statement....cmon.

Lane Kiffin is a great offensive mind and I think he'll be a great OC at 'Bama; those fans have a right to be excited.

He's too much of a loose cannon and carries too much baggage to even be considered a possibility at UM.

At 'Bama, more seems to be tolerated, and Nick Saban likely keeps him in line more than Hoke could/would.

ya we got bamas scraps. But they seem to be good scraps....and SEC sraps are probably better than anything we coulda come up with. Bama upgraded....we upgraded. win win.

your giving credit to nussenhiemererer that Millen was an idiot and took Stanton in the 2nd round? I was just foolin lol....but to actually attempt to defend the statement....cmon.

Dude, you complain about every thing that happens to every favorite team you have. It doesn't matter what the news is or what happens in the game, you still find something negative to say. If you were "foolin", then you fooled me.

Stanton and Smoker were really solid for the spartans, so if you were serious about the original statement, you should re-think it.

Does he coach from the sidelines?

Honestly, and this is more personal preference I think than anything...

I'd rather the OC be in the booth with a birdseye view and have a QB coach on the sidelines gauging what's going on, and they communicate when the defense is on the field to strategize and for the OC to tell the QBC what needs to be communicated to the offense.

Though an increasing number of coordinators are opting for the sidelines, I still like the coordinator having the best view of what's going on while the lower tier assistants and position coaches handle the messages on the sidelines.

If I'm the OC on the sidelines giving the message to the players, there is more likelihood for "passionate disagreement" whereas with the OC in the booth, it's "don't kill the messenger."

Again, this is just personal preference, and I can understand both sides.

Honestly, and this is more personal preference I think than anything...

I'd rather the OC be in the booth with a birdseye view and have a QB coach on the sidelines gauging what's going on, and they communicate when the defense is on the field to strategize and for the OC to tell the QBC what needs to be communicated to the offense.

Though an increasing number of coordinators are opting for the sidelines, I still like the coordinator having the best view of what's going on while the lower tier assistants and position coaches handle the messages on the sidelines.

If I'm the OC on the sidelines giving the message to the players, there is more likelihood for "passionate disagreement" whereas with the OC in the booth, it's "don't kill the messenger."

Again, this is just personal preference, and I can understand both sides.

I like the sidelines more cause I like seeing them sit on the bench with the QB and the O. That's just me and my opinion if he likes the booth oh well just as long as he lights a fire under this Offenses ass and we see what we were expecting this year instead of the shit show.

I like the sidelines more cause I like seeing them sit on the bench with the QB and the O. That's just me and my opinion if he likes the booth oh well just as long as he lights a fire under this Offenses ass and we see what we were expecting this year instead of the shit show.

I got you.

I always said if I was a manager in the majors, I'd have my pitching coach go make the pitching changes. It's a shoulder shrug and a, "I was sent out here to get you." and you avoid any chance of a scene being created on the mound.

A lot of OCs like to be able to talk to the players right there on the sideline, even with the headsets and phones. Again, different strokes for different folks.

He can coach from my tailgate at Pioneer if he wants if the run game can average more than 5 per carry.

Shit, if they get over 6 I might share my beer.

I got you.

I always said if I was a manager in the majors, I'd have my pitching coach go make the pitching changes. It's a shoulder shrug and a, "I was sent out here to get you." and you avoid any chance of a scene being created on the mound.

A lot of OCs like to be able to talk to the players right there on the sideline, even with the headsets and phones. Again, different strokes for different folks.

He can coach from my tailgate at Pioneer if he wants if the run game can average more than 5 per carry.

Shit, if they get over 6 I might share my beer.

This guy coached Locker right?

They lost two games this year. Their whole world is falling apart. Of course somebody is going to get the blame.

Boo hoo for the entitled Tide fans.

Back