Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Borges GONE

Dude, you complain about every thing that happens to every favorite team you have. It doesn't matter what the news is or what happens in the game, you still find something negative to say. If you were "foolin", then you fooled me.

Stanton and Smoker were really solid for the spartans, so if you were serious about the original statement, you should re-think it.

how is joking around that he coached smoker and Stanton complaining? stop being an idiot. I apologize if you think when I write CHAMPIONSHIP in caps is code for being serious and complaining. but grow up a little bit and chill the fuck out.

Last edited:
Bama forum sounds glad he's gone...hoping for Kiffin.

Kiffin is a douchelord. Look at those white Isotoners and that white Member's Only jacket.... and visor??

Wearing legwarmers too?

cuusc3.jpg

Last edited:
the biggest question is, of course: who will replace him.

the second biggest question is: will Hungry start complaining about how Hoke "LIED TO US... HE'S A LIAR!!!" because a couple weeks ago he said he expects everyone on staff will be back in 2014.

Good to know you're still obsessed with me, but I can't call Hoke a liar for this. Brandon probably gave him the news 5 minutes before we found out.

I think he knew exactly what he was saying. I honestly think Borges would still be our coach if it was entirely up to Hoke.

I don't.

You don't bad mouth your players or your staff in public, period. He gave the only acceptable answer to the question. I'm sure he'd rather it wasn't asked, and whoever asked it could probably have asked a different question to get more information (if they were smart).

I have no idea exactly what went wrong with the offense this year. Whether Hoke should've known that Borges would screw up is debatable. after watching the way the offense improved under Gardner in 2012, most, if not all posters here were pretty enthusiastic about our prospects this year, so a lot of the whining gets tiresome because there was no obvious issues leading us down this path.

it's also annoying reading idiots here complain about Hoke because he doesn't come out and handle press conferences exactly as they think he should. idiots.

Last edited by a moderator:
From all that has come out since the announcement last night of Nussmeier, this process has been in place. Again, I called it "perfect execution" for a reason --- people don't have to like the process, but instead of causing a Dumpster Fire and panic amongst the Alumni and fans, Brandon simply took care of a problem and accomplished a Talent Upgrade at a key position.

Hoke "anticipating" the staff coming back is diplomatically genius ...it removed the specter of doubt over him (for the time being) and had everyone resigned to the staff coming back.

Then, very quickly and efficiently, Borges is out and the new guy is in.

Clean and neat.

And there is no way in Hell Hoke didn't know this was coming and wasn't part of the process all along.

Per press release, The Nuss will be OC and QBC. Now we just need an OL and a DL coach.

Per press release, The Nuss will be OC and QBC. Now we just need an OL and a DL coach.

A DL coach? Did Hoke and Mattison get the axe too?

Funk is a decent recruiter but if a better option is out there I'd love to see a change.

The one coach I love is coach Heck. Hope he stays for a long time.

Last edited:
Couldn't help myself...I checked out a Bama board, Eleven Warriors, and the Red Cedar Message Board. 1st 2 are fairly reasonable. RCMB are a bunch of drama queens.

Last edited:
How much has the D line improved since Montgomery left?

Pipkins tearing his acl and playing freshman probably had nothing to do with that... Not to mention our starting nose was around 260 towards the end of the year.

Couldn't help myself...I checked out a Bama board, Eleven Warriors, and the Red Cedar Message Board. 1st 2 are fairly reasonable. RCMB are a bunch of drama queens.

Was this before or after the Nussmeier hire?

Pipkins tearing his acl and playing freshman probably had nothing to do with that... Not to mention our starting nose was around 260 towards the end of the year.

I still don't understand the gross under utilization of Quinton Washington this past season.

Was there an injury we did not know about?

I think he knew exactly what he was saying. I honestly think Borges would still be our coach if it was entirely up to Hoke.

Nope disagree

Word out that Borges was removed from talking to recruits back after Nebraska game

Back