Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Colin Cowherd

imthetruth

Earlier today he said the Lions are a top 4 team.. Im not quite sure about that but I love that we're getting so much love.

p.s. I love in Houston and ALL the football radio shows are giving us a ton of love and press. Its a nice change. lol

I think you're doing or at least trying a reverse jinx thing here Monster.

Did anyone see PTI today? Wilbon said he would take Newton over Stafford and said he is the Michael Jordan of football.. Wow... After 2 games.. Birds of a certain color flock together??

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Did anyone see PTI today? Wilbon said he would take Newton over Stafford and said he is the Michael Jordan of football.. Wow... After 2 games.. Birds of a certain color flock together??

What the fuck Wilbon, what the fuck? Funny that he says that. The only somewhat "mobile" quarterback I can remember winning a superbowl is big ben and he doesn't even count as he doesn't rush often. Everyone swings off of Vick's nuts and he hasn't done SHIT.

The only plus I see with big mobile guys is that they will bail the O-line out of possible sacks and get positive yards in most of those situations. Otherwise they're no different. McNair hasn't won a ring with his mobility, neither did cunningham or any other "runner" of a quarterback that had an arm to match. Wilbon sounded like a fucking idiot with that one. Good for Cam though. He has a hell of a set of Tight ends and Smith to stretch the field. They'll help him a lot in his development.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Did anyone see PTI today? Wilbon said he would take Newton over Stafford and said he is the Michael Jordan of football.. Wow... After 2 games.. Birds of a certain color flock together??

Jordan is known to be one of the greatest winners ever. Cam has yet to win a game.

Wilbon is probably a big vick fan too

[color=#551A8B said:

He also called him john elway

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I think you're doing or at least trying a reverse jinx thing here Monster.

Should have put the word if in the beginning. The national bandwagon will fall apart if the queens beat us.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
[quote="Mitch":lsfp0ewv]I think you're doing or at least trying a reverse jinx thing here Monster.

Should have put the word if in the beginning. The national bandwagon will fall apart if the queens beat us.[/quote:lsfp0ewv]

lol It's gonna fall apart whenever we lose our first game. Well, maybe not if we managed to start out winning 6+ straight games, but that's not likely.

coel73 said:
[color=#551A8B said:

The only somewhat "mobile" quarterback I can remember winning a superbowl is big ben and he doesn't even count as he doesn't rush often. Everyone swings off of Vick's nuts and he hasn't done SHIT.

The only plus I see with big mobile guys is that they will bail the O-line out of possible sacks and get positive yards in most of those situations. Otherwise they're no different. McNair hasn't won a ring with his mobility, neither did cunningham or any other "runner" of a quarterback that had an arm to match. .

What about Steve Young? I would consider him a mobile QB

brewer228 said:
coel73 said:
The only somewhat "mobile" quarterback I can remember winning a superbowl is big ben and he doesn't even count as he doesn't rush often. Everyone swings off of Vick's nuts and he hasn't done SHIT.

The only plus I see with big mobile guys is that they will bail the O-line out of possible sacks and get positive yards in most of those situations. Otherwise they're no different. McNair hasn't won a ring with his mobility, neither did cunningham or any other "runner" of a quarterback that had an arm to match. .

What about Steve Young? I would consider him a mobile QB

Yep he is. That's one, which still makes for a lopsided ratio of SB winning quarterbacks that tend to stay in the pocket.

Aaron Rodgers is mobile, or more mobile than is typical. As was Young and Elway. Still its an absurd statement to make after 2 games.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
[quote="Danny Diggler":z15e9pjy]Did anyone see PTI today? Wilbon said he would take Newton over Stafford and said he is the Michael Jordan of football.. Wow... After 2 games.. Birds of a certain color flock together??

Jordan is known to be one of the greatest winners ever. Cam has yet to win a game.

Wilbon is probably a big vick fan too[/quote:z15e9pjy]

Jordan wasn't part of a winning team until his 4th year in the league......but I know what you're saying.

Comparing him to anyone at this point is stupid....and I usually agree with a lot of what Wilbon says.

Peyton Mannings first 2 NFL starts......

42 of 70....490 yds....2 TD....6 INTS. So should he have been annointed Ty Detmer....Billy Joe Tolliver....Mike McMahon!!

Or should Wilbon, like most intelligent football fans, wait for a better sample size before making comparisons.

Colin Cowherd is a loud mouth douche-bag.

He knows as much about sports as anyone else on this board. He just gets paid to say it.

I get paid to talk as well, though not nearly as much as this ass-hat. And I know a lot more about what I am talking about. (I have research-based evidence to back up what I say when I spout off in public forum.)

I actually like Cowherd too. I just like his angle. Dudes pretty intelligent and calculated. I never realized he was so hated. barely anyone on this board can stand the guy.

Back