Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Confusing Offseasons

PGen98

Forum Helper
Administrator
Bolton Wanderers
Dallas Stars
What teams had the most confusing offseason in your opinion?

For me it's Dallas. Yeah, they lost Tanev, and they managed to get something for him, and buying out Suter was a smart move even if it negatively impacts the cap this year and next, but to use up that space on Ilya Lyubushkin and Matt Dumba?! Such a massive downgrade. There's $7m in cap space, but Harley remains unsigned, so...there's a little bit of wiggle room, but they've loaded up on sub-par defensemen now. Duchene coming back helps, but losing Pavs is a big hole in the top 6. I don't see Dallas doing much this year in terms of standings.

Seattle, Buffalo to name a couple. Much worse than Dallas. Seattle signed a couple guys for way to much, and didn't address their weaknesses. Buffalo hasn't done anything.

Seattle, Buffalo to name a couple. Much worse than Dallas. Seattle signed a couple guys for way to much, and didn't address their weaknesses. Buffalo hasn't done anything.
Both very confusion, true! Maybe the Sabres are looking to tank next year? Seattle...well, their dealings haven't really been that savvy thus far in their existence, but this year has indeed been iffy.

Help me understand what you mean: Buffalo has signed eight FAs to 1- and 2-year deals. At that seems to be the MO of most other teams as well.

Help me understand what you mean: Buffalo has signed eight FAs to 1- and 2-year deals. At that seems to be the MO of most other teams as well.
Depth players, 2-way players. They lost more buying out Jeff Skinner (one of their top goal-scorers), losing Victor Olofsson and Zemgus Girgensons in free agency than they got back. No superstar lost but I don't see what they added will improve their team.

Back