Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Does it bother anyone else?

Those guys are all first 3 years where stafford is in year 5. You cant consider him a young qb anymore even though he is only 25.

And that's a good thing. He doesn't fit in that group anymore, he's in a better group now.

And that's a good thing. He doesn't fit in that group anymore, he's in a better group now.

not yet. He is in that same group....young, good with potential. I'd rather have Luck, Wilson or CK over Stafford given upside & salary. I pass on Cam due to his head and Griffin due to injury risk.

not yet. He is in that same group....young, good with potential. I'd rather have Luck, Wilson or CK over Stafford given upside & salary. I pass on Cam due to his head and Griffin due to injury risk.

Wilson? Lmao hell no he's overhyped. The only QB I would even consider on that list is Luck over stafford, the rest are way overblown thus far by the media.

Wilson? Lmao hell no he's overhyped. The only QB I would even consider on that list is Luck over stafford, the rest are way overblown thus far by the media.

I would definitely take Luck and CK over Stafford without thinking twice. Wilson is right there with Stafford except he might not have the gun or height. He is much more athletic and smarter with the football.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the 4 though.

None of those QB's are on Staff's level. One day maybe but right now no. Luck is going to be a stud but he is only in his 2nd year and has a ways to go.

Not sold on CK yet. I'm content with our QB (something I never thought I would get to say as a Lions fan) and I wouldn't trade Stafford for anyone at this point. For his age, experience, and talent, I'd take him over any QB at this juncture.

He's young enough to be considered a young QB with years and years left on him.

He's old enough to have 5 years experience.

He's talented enough to be in the discussion for "elite" every year now.

Guys like Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, Brady... they are obviously the better QBs, but they are also older and in their final years in most cases (Rodgers being the exception).

Guys like Luck, Kaep, Newton... young, but haven't done much yet, and you don't know how they will grow.

Guys like Ryan and Flacco have the credibility, but Stafford has more raw talent to be tapped.

You put it all together, and you have an excellent blend of a QB that is prime time ready, hasn't hit his peak yet, can give you 10 more years instead of 2 or three, and has a tremendous upside.

Yep, I'd take him over anyone for long term value,talent, and experience at this point

Not sold on CK yet. I'm content with our QB (something I never thought I would get to say as a Lions fan) and I wouldn't trade Stafford for anyone at this point. For his age, experience, and talent, I'd take him over any QB at this juncture.

He's young enough to be considered a young QB with years and years left on him.

He's old enough to have 5 years experience.

He's talented enough to be in the discussion for "elite" every year now.

Guys like Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, Brady... they are obviously the better QBs, but they are also older and in their final years in most cases (Rodgers being the exception).

Guys like Luck, Kaep, Newton... young, but haven't done much yet, and you don't know how they will grow.

Guys like Ryan and Flacco have the credibility, but Stafford has more raw talent to be tapped.

You put it all together, and you have an excellent blend of a QB that is prime time ready, hasn't hit his peak yet, can give you 10 more years instead of 2 or three, and has a tremendous upside.

Yep, I'd take him over anyone for long term value,talent, and experience at this point

I would trade him straight up for Luck, CK & Wilson. I would take the gamble on Wilson and CK based on how cheap they are vs. Stafford. These are all hypothetical situations but put yourself in the shoes of those other teams with young QBs (Indy, SF and Sea)....I doubt any of those teams would consider trading what they have for Stafford.

Before some of you die hards bash me...Stafford is a good QB with potential to be top 8. He just hasn't done it yet.

We might say things about Staff over the years but he's one hell of a QB. I remember Cam as a rookie and then he regressed..as far as the others its far too early.

Indy wouldn't trade because luck has so much upside. SF wouldn't because staff doesn't fit the system. Sea might but Carroll has a hardon for his players so that's a no. Looking the other way only Luck would fit in Det's system.

Indy wouldn't trade because luck has so much upside. SF wouldn't because staff doesn't fit the system. Sea might but Carroll has a hardon for his players so that's a no. Looking the other way only Luck would fit in Det's system.

Any one of those QBs could run Detroit's system....it is a simple system designed for a QB that can throw and isn't mobile. The question would be would the Lions coaching staff be smart enough to make the offense a little more dynamic if they had a mobile QB like CK or Wilson?

No they couldn't, our offense is waaaay more complicated than the read option, that's why they do it in college so the qb can handle it. As kap and Wilson grow they will move away from it because its going to shorten their careers.

Edit: In a couple years with experience they would be able to run this offense and probably do better because of the mobility but right now no way.

Last edited:
No they couldn't, our offense is waaaay more complicated than the read option, that's why they do it in college so the qb can handle it. As kap and Wilson grow they will move away from it because its going to shorten their careers.

Looked to me like the 49'ers dumped the read option in week one anyway. The Pack planned to pound Kaepernick into pudding, and he beat them with his arm.

Run the offense that puts W's on the board. Staff in our offense is awesome.

I would trade him straight up for Luck, CK & Wilson. I would take the gamble on Wilson and CK based on how cheap they are vs. Stafford. These are all hypothetical situations but put yourself in the shoes of those other teams with young QBs (Indy, SF and Sea)....I doubt any of those teams would consider trading what they have for Stafford.

Before some of you die hards bash me...Stafford is a good QB with potential to be top 8. He just hasn't done it yet.

Why do you keep mentioning money? Evaluate these guys by talent and talent alone. With that being said, maybe i would swap Stafford for Luck...MAYBE. But probably not...lol. Thats not a knock on Kaepernick or Wilson because they are very good QBs. I just like Staffords upside more...

Any one of those QBs could run Detroit's system....it is a simple system designed for a QB that can throw and isn't mobile. The question would be would the Lions coaching staff be smart enough to make the offense a little more dynamic if they had a mobile QB like CK or Wilson?

Simple system?? lmfao...further proof you dont know wtf you're talking about.

Staff will never get the credit he deserves as long as Brees, Rodgers, and Brady are around...and as long as he has Megatron to throw to.

He just needs to go out and do his thing. I was impressed with what he said when Jaworski ranked him so low. He doesn't give a shit about what analysts think of him...he's concerned with winning football games...

Back