Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 109 Tigers @ Yankees

How can you not know that the 1-2 pitch is going to be on your shoe tops? It's just not going to be a strike.

Offense shits the bed gets shut down by a bunch of average pitchers tigers lose 2–1

Terrible

8-10 since the break not real impressive

Can price hit?

Last edited:
Looks like we will never get above the 14 or 15 game over mark. We win 5, lose 5. Rinse and repeat.

Well hopefully Price gets some run support tomorrow. He's the guy the Yanks are most familiar with though.

What a fucking awful game. Fucking offense was putrid tonight. So was the late-game managing, but the offense takes 99% of the blame.

3-10 againts AL teams since the break, not good, that's not going to cut it

Ausmus said he chose Davis over Castellanos in the ninth based on numbers vs. Robertson, speed on bases if he does get on.

HE CHOSE DAVIS OVER NICK ON THE BASIS OF A FUCKING 8 AB SAMPLE SIZE. WHY IS OUR MANAGER SO FUCKING STUPID???

Of course, it probably doesnt matter if the offense could have fucking done anything the previous 8 innings. Like with the bases loaded. Stretches like this are why our offense bugs me. 11 runs one day, 4 the next, 1 the one after that. RPG looks fine @5.3, but the spike inflates the number. I wish our offense was more consistent.

Tonight's the type of game I worry about in the playoffs if we do make it...

It's not like Dartmouth has Gates Brown or Manny Mota to make him look good. And that's not a knock on Don Kelly.

It's not like Dartmouth has Gates Brown or Manny Mota to make him look good. And that's not a knock on Don Kelly.

He had Nick off the bench tonight and should have used him to PH for Kelly. Maybe it works, maybe it doesnt, but i'll take my chances with the much, MUCH better hitter in Nick. PHing davis for romine was just stupid period, because if we tie it up then the defense is fucked for the rest of the game. Take your chances with Nick and Avila getting something started, hope Romine doesnt fuck it up (because its not like Davis hits RHP much anyways) to turn the lineup over.

He had Nick off the bench tonight and should have used him to PH for Kelly. Maybe it works, maybe it doesnt, but i'll take my chances with the much, MUCH better hitter in Nick. PHing davis for romine was just stupid period, because if we tie it up then the defense is fucked for the rest of the game. Take your chances with Nick and Avila getting something started, hope Romine doesnt fuck it up (because its not like Davis hits RHP much anyways) to turn the lineup over.

I was making a joke. Maybe the timing was poor.

It's just another damn loss.

Very good to good teams are going to have 60-65 of them.

Good to fairly good teams are going to have 65-70 of them.

And that's just counting the contenders!!!

I'm sure if I hadn't killed off so many of my brain cells throughout the course of my life, this would have been hilarious to me.

Back