Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jack Conklin goes pro

johnny2x2x

From a zero start Grey Shirt recruit to a likely 1st round draft pick. I think he made the right choice.

Finley is the guy there now and he's said he plans to be a full go for Spring ball.

I am really happy for this kid and agree it's the right decision. It hurts the team next year, but more and more Spartans getting drafted early can help recruiting in the future.

It's the right move, unless you just love college football and don't care about $$ you should go. way too risky to stay to improve your draft stock, you could always have a bad year or get hurt.

Overall it's good to have a 1st round OL pick, it's been a long time

It's the right move, unless you just love college football and don't care about $$ you should go. way too risky to stay to improve your draft stock, you could always have a bad year or get hurt.

Overall it's good to have a 1st round OL pick, it's been a long time

Jack Allen and potentially Donovan Clark could also get drafted. Clark is fairly athletic and has ideal size for an NFL guard, 6-4, 325.

Dennis Finley's health now becomes the most important issue outside of QB for the spring

Dennis Finley's health now becomes the most important issue outside of QB for the spring

Said he plans on being a full go for Spring. Getting Kieler healthy on the right side is also important, he's been severely hobbled all season.

I heard we're in the running for a really good Juco OL. Hopefully he decides to come here.

I think there are 5 locks in Cook, Allen, Calhoun, Conklin, and Burbridge. Clark has a good chance as well

Thomas and Heath have a chance too. In fact, I bet Thomas goes in round 4 or 5.

Back