Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Kick Returner

beez

Haven't really liked what I've seen from Vincent Smith on returns. Little slow to get going and make decisions. Rather have a bigger guy who will hit the seams n straight line it. He hasnt been bad, but I dont see him as being a threat back there.

Thoughts?

It beats having Gallon back there like last year making the wrong decision like 90% of the time.

I thought Dileo was initially recruited just to return kicks and punts... I know he's not the fastest guy in the world but he obviously has the goods.

Yeah, no shit. I expected him to at least get some work on punt returns.

I bet we see more people the next two weeks. I think ball security was tantamount against ND, as evidenced by Hoke's comments on Toussaint. they probably went will the most sure-handed guys.

I know the only times I was really worried during the game were special teams plays. Was dreading seeing us muff a late PR, or fumble a kickoff. THOSE would've been killer.

also, when we kicked off, they had some big seams for returns. I didn't even want to look a couple times. I knew when they started at their own 40 with a minute+ left, down 28-24 we were in trouble. ALTHOUGH... maybe that was good, since they scored quick enough to give us one last response.

our punt coverage seemed ok.

There's this one guy that's perfect for KO returns (at least considering what we have), but he is sort of redshirting...Actually there's another one that I think would be scary good but he plays QB.

Seems like all I have seen thus far are really slow to get a full head of steam going....they are hanging on to the ball, at least.

Back