Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Leyland's slow hook burns Tigers in Game 3

Shit did anyone see Cabby and AS yapping at each other after the error?

I'd say that sanchezs lack of command burned us more than anything

Had the Tigers scored a 4th and/or 5th run then it would have been a big deal. But really the problem is the offence is not getting it done! What does it matter of losing 6-3,or 4-3. Really they lose 4-3;the not needed runs/hits are just stats builder.

It's the offence,lack of!

Shit did anyone see Cabby and AS yapping at each other after the error?

Funny how the MLB guys spun that into "no, problem, Miguel, cuz you are going to knock in three." Like Anibal was picking up Cabrera.

I just disagree with some of you guys about Jim.

Some of you are funny. Sure we all know its our hitting that is the problem but the article is about Jim's slow hook of Sanchez. Any of you that were watching the game could see that AS did not have it yesterday.. I on the other hand was running errands and had to listen to Dickerson and Price.The MLB network said that the Sanchez was off today. All they kept says was AS was way off with his command all game and especially his change up. All true.. I guess you can lay it all on AS but when your manager has a chance to make a difference who knows what may happen? They game may still be tied 3-3 right? A's manager had no problem yanking his guy but Jim was a day late and a dollar short yesterday. Hopefully we can over come and win the next two beyond laughable how Jim always seems to get a pass in some peoples eyes.

Last edited:
People like to bash JL but do we know if any other manager that is available would be better?

Last edited:

I personally feel that Gibson's act will run his course too fast with today's players. I don't watch AZ games so I have no idea what kind of in game manager he is. For all we know he makes just as many or more in game errors than JL makes.

People like to bash JL but do we know if any other manager that is available would be better?

Well I am not sure Tom. All I see is how Francona with a really inferior team push the Tigers all season.. Trust me I want Jim to win the WS just like we all do and then he can do whatever he wants.. I unlike others think a manager has a tad more input on the out come of games then some do but hey I could be wrong.. All I know is our teams seem to fade all most every fall under Jim.. I guess I should be happy with 2 AL pennants and a trip to the ALCS.. Hopefully we will keep playing but I see a talented bunch of guys falling short yet again.. 2009 hurts still too. This is just my opinion. I think Jim is good just not great...

Back