Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mattison

alonzomoseley

I'm with everyone else on Borges, and I have strong doubts about Hoke. But I haven't had any concerns about Mattison until yesterday. On Nebraska's drive for the winning TD, 4th and 2 at around our 45. 4th and 2, and the corners on both sides were giving an 8 yard cushion. Now I didn't play football after 9th grade. I don't analyze and break down film. I don't blog about football. I am novice with a capital "N". But 4th and 2, and we're giving an 8 yrd cushion? I told my son, "This will be the easiest 4th down conversion in the history of organized football." The receivers on the outside sprinted off the line, stopped and turned out at 4 yrds and the ball was right there. WTF Greg Mattison? If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but that seemed way wrong.

Yep, same thing we used to rage about when dickrod was the coach.

I can't remember the play exactly but may have been to help with a blitz package. They didnt want to get beat deep so giving up the underneath throws and keeping them in bounds to run clock. Prevent style defense. I think overall the corners play on wrs which has been good. We have just missed some nice defensive plays that would have won us games.

I was frustrated with the defense at times as well, but the defense held Nebraska to only 273 yards of offense with the Michigan offense stalling out basically every single drive. The defense could've played better on the final Nebraska drive, but it isn't fair to judge their performance off one drive.

Nope, I don't blame the D at all. They shouldn't have been put in a position to save the game on the final play. Michigan started with the ball in the Neb end of the field 3 times and came away with 3 points, twice in the 4th quarter. Michigan simply should've scored more points, but didn't due to stupidity in the playcalling.

Nope, I don't blame the D at all. They shouldn't have been put in a position to save the game on the final play. Michigan started with the ball in the Neb end of the field 3 times and came away with 3 points, twice in the 4th quarter. Michigan simply should've scored more points, but didn't due to stupidity in the playcalling.

Agree.

I was frustrated with the defense at times as well, but the defense held Nebraska to only 273 yards of offense with the Michigan offense stalling out basically every single drive. The defense could've played better on the final Nebraska drive, but it isn't fair to judge their performance off one drive.

Michigan had the ball for more time than Nebraska did. Nebraska had two turnovers, one on their own 26 yard line. And all that the O could muster was 175 yards (with negative rushing yardage), 1 touchdowns and two fgs. The only decent drive they had was at the start of the 3rd quarter. For most of the rest of the game the O struggled to get a 1st down. You are right, the D played okay. Not great, but good enough to win if the O had been able to move the ball.

Back