Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NHL Draft: Detroit @ 15 selects..

Draft is slow as heck and these announcers on ESPN+ blow. 3 picks away.

On the clock.. C'mon lets go. Michael Brandsegg-Nygård - RW (Sweden) Good 2-way player. Can shoot.

They interview all these picks pre-Detroit, somehow skips Detroits pick and then interviews all the others after Detroit. Typical, lol.

I've never heard of him, but apparently he's the first Norwegian to ever be taken in the first round.

I've never heard of him, but apparently he's the first Norwegian to ever be taken in the first round.
Yep. Which actually surprised me when I heard it. They have good hockey there.. I remember when we drafted Seider, never heard of him. Same with Raymond .. and they both worked out great. We need wings so I like the pick, lots to like.

With the 47th overall pick the Detroit Red Wings select Max Plante in the 2024 NHL Draft​

News
Max Plante - Stats, Contract, Salary & More
Date of Birth: Feb 20, 2006
Place of Birth: Hermantown, MN, USA
Nation: USA
Youth Team: Hermantown YHA
Position: C
Height: 180 cm / 5'11"
Weight: 80 kg / 176 lbs
Shoots: L

Pronman: Plante was one of the better forwards for the U.S. NTDP this season. He's a highly skilled forward who can make a lot of plays, and brings a strong tempo to his game. He is a very creative playmaker with the puck who can create on the move, at the net and from the perimeter. He's not that big or physical, but Plante gives a good effort and plays with courage. The debate on him will be as a smaller winger if he's dynamic enough offensively and a natural enough scorer to be an NHL middle-six wing.

Pick 80, 3rd round - Ondrej Becher, C. 96 points in the offensive WHL this past season. But it was triple his scoring from the season before.

Double overeager - basically was in the draft twice before but wasn't selected.

Eliteprospects Profile

Date of Birth: Feb 22, 2004
Place of Birth: Ostrava, CZE
Nation: Czechia
Youth Team: HC Poruba
Position: C/W
Height: 184 cm / 6'0"
Weight: 85 kg / 187 lbs
Shoots: L

Last edited:
John Whipple, D - 144

EliteProspects Profile