Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ohio State Excuse/Lame Comment Thread

beez

We had a freshman QB

We had an interim coach

It took a tatoo scandal for Michigan to win the game. Pryor=Win

Refs killed OSU the 1st half

Everyone loses once n awhile, can't expect OSU to win every game against Michigan, Michigan was due.

Even in a down year, Michigan could barely win. Should have beat us by 20..moral victory.

Miller will be a beast next year, Michigan will get rolled.

Urban Meyer

Michigan wouldn't be shit without Robinson. He's the whole team.

Michigan didn't even deserve the win, OSU couldn't hit open wr's, it wasn't anything Michigan's defense did to prevent a loss.

This was Michigans superbowl, it didn't mean as much to the young OSU team. Next year will be different.

fell free to add the ones you've been hearing.

I think you have hit all the ones I have heard. It's been really bad this am since Urban took the job. I swear some are already booking tics to the BCS title game next year.

I was telling the Ohio* fans in front of us the same ... "Terelle Pryor would have made that throw" and it was true.

But so what?

MICHIGAN won and There's nothing Urban Meyer can do about it. Frankly, announcing the worst kept secret in sports was anything but coincidence.

Nothing makes a loss go away like hiring a "big name" coach, who was successful at Florida.

"M was holding on every play."
"We spiked the ball on third down."
"The TD throw to Hemmingway was a fluke."
"Our defense was decimated ... we had to resort to a freshman LB on one leg."
"We were distracted by the possibility of getting Meyer next season."
"It was too loud in Michigan Stadium."

I like that Hoke's success has turned other fanbases into Excuse Makers.

I haven't heard any of them comment that the inability to suit up paid players hurt them. That's actually a valid excuse this year.

TheVictors03 said:
I was telling the Ohio* fans in front of us the same ... "Terelle Pryor would have made that throw" and it was true.

But so what?

MICHIGAN won and There's nothing Urban Meyer can do about it. Frankly, announcing the worst kept secret in sports was anything but coincidence.

Nothing makes a loss go away like hiring a "big name" coach, who was successful at Florida.

He might have but if he was back there UM would have played a different defense. Miller was brutal on those deep passes.

more just a friendly reminder that T_Peezy did a lot of damage to Ohio*

TheVictors03 said:

But so what?

The flip side of that point is wondering how past games would have gone if ineligible players hadn't been there to make those plays.

Or pretending as if 2006 wasn't a close game that, were it not for that call on Crable, Michigan wins and goes to the BCS title game.

It's like dealing with noter dame fans who want to say Michigan and ND are the same ...no, we stunk for 3yrs and you've been stinking for 25yrs.

Just heard this one " Your players wanted the win more" "Our players don't understand the rivalry".

To me if Pryor plays, those throws aren't there because Michigan plays help. Also how come when Pryor was there no one in Ohio thought he could pass but now that they see Braxton Miller throw, they have memories of Pryor being Jon fucking Elway?

I love the whole excuse that it was a "down year" and they had to play freshman and blah blah blah. It was a down fucking year because half your starters got busted basically getting paid to play, it's not like they all graduated and moved on to better things. They left the program in disgrace and ruined their legacies. Also, "If Miller makes those throws then we win the game", they're basically saying that if their players were better they would have won, brilliant. Well if our players could have tackled anybody the last few years and even attempted to cover anybody we would have won those games too so there. I was bored last night so I was lurking through some Buckeye forums getting my Schadenfreude on and was just appalled at the amount of excuses and butthurt flying around coupled with how Urban was going to come in and wave his wand and magically everything was going to go away. Conveniently they forgot about the upcoming NCAA sanctions, along with most people in the country today.

so silly - they didn't accept any explanation or excuses from us

and this really wasn't a bad team - they just started the year a little off

they had all their players back for this game

Why does everyone, even ESPN, seem to forget we should have won the last game at the Big House. Remember, the game Brandon Graham singlehandedly dismembered their offense. The same game that Tate Forcier turned the ball over 5 times and we still had a chance to win.

wlvrnstlr4life said:
Why does everyone, even ESPN, seem to forget we should have won the last game at the Big House. Remember, the game Brandon Graham singlehandedly dismembered their offense. The same game that Tate Forcier turned the ball over 5 times and we still had a chance to win.

Doesn't this kind of sound like the things your making fun of OSU fans about?

I mean that's funny to me

Back