Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ohio State Excuse/Lame Comment Thread

amajjd said:
wlvrnstlr4life said:
Why does everyone, even ESPN, seem to forget we should have won the last game at the Big House. Remember, the game Brandon Graham singlehandedly dismembered their offense. The same game that Tate Forcier turned the ball over 5 times and we still had a chance to win.

Doesn't this kind of sound like the things your making fun of OSU fans about?

I mean that's funny to me

I could go and find all sorts of excuses for the last four years of MSU - UM games from UM fans. It's funny how when a team's up, the fans always make fun of people who make excuses, completely ignoring that when their team is down, they're the ones being made fun of for making the excuses.

Good game against OSU, sure. Try to be classy, though. Even if people from other fan bases aren't. That's what's supposed to set UM apart from the rest of the country, but I haven't seen it in ages.

Anyway, good luck in whatever bowl game you draw in.

drivergreg said:
amajjd said:

I could go and find all sorts of excuses for the last four years of MSU - UM games from UM fans. It's funny how when a team's up, the fans always make fun of people who make excuses, completely ignoring that when their team is down, they're the ones being made fun of for making the excuses.

Good game against OSU, sure. Try to be classy, though. Even if people from other fan bases aren't. That's what's supposed to set UM apart from the rest of the country, but I haven't seen it in ages.

I'm not a um fan, I'm a buckeye and proud of it.

I like this board because I'm a Tigers fan and there are a lot of good posters on this board.

I like that most of the um fans are happy and are feeling good, they should. I just thought that this thread was about making excuses by OSU fans but then an excuse comes up about why they lost at home in '09

Yeah, I was agreeing with you. And it's not just UM fans, it's fans of any school, MSU included (And I'm a MSU fan, too).

wlvrnstlr4life said:
Why does everyone, even ESPN, seem to forget we should have won the last game at the Big House. Remember, the game Brandon Graham singlehandedly dismembered their offense. The same game that Tate Forcier turned the ball over 5 times and we still had a chance to win.

Was that Michigan's freshman quarterback Tate Forcier?

drivergreg said:
amajjd said:

I hate that as well. You know if you have a valid excuse, like a terrible call taking points off the board or even if OSU in a "richrod" phase where they just didn't have recruits to run the offense I would lay off them. But this year has been ridiculous.

rumseyhouse77 said:
wlvrnstlr4life said:

Was that Michigan's freshman quarterback Tate Forcier?

Yah, this should only be brought up when an Ohio* fan mentions something about the 3 missed wide-open what-should've-been td passes that BMeezy missed. I'm not pointing out excuses for why MIchigan lost 2 years ago, just combatting logic with logic. If you want to point out those 3 passes, then let's point out the 5 int's that true freshman Tate made that day. That's football!

As far as the "depleted team" excuse...the team Michigan beat on Saturday was the most complete team they've fielded all year--Posey, Herron etc. And Braxton Miller has improved since his first start. The "depleted team" beat Wisky almost beat State and shouldve beaten Nebraska.

riot67 said:
As far as the "depleted team" excuse...the team Michigan beat on Saturday was the most complete team they've fielded all year--Posey, Herron etc. And Braxton Miller has improved since his first start. The "depleted team" beat Wisky almost beat State and shouldve beaten Nebraska.

Almost beat State? Do you mean Michigan State? If so, did you even watch the game?

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=312740194

You won 10-7. Lost the TO battle 3-1 and possession time. And didn't play agaisnt miller, herron, or posey.

Yup you dominated them lol.

Almost beat State? Do you mean Michigan State? If so, did you even watch the game?

Did you? 10-7....if OSU couldve put together two drives they would have won with their "depleted" team and Bauserman!

Maybe I should say State barely beat a depleted OSU....does that make you feel better?

riot67 said:

Did you? 10-7....if OSU couldve put together two drives they would have won with their "depleted" team and Bauserman!

Ohio State's 7 points came with 10 seconds left in the game. There was no time for "putting together two drives". And, if you mean earlier in the game, the same could be said for MSU, who dominated the game. Look past the seemingly close 10-7 score and see what happened during the game. 178 total yards for OSU.

And you're falling victim to exactly what I was saying earlier in this topic. Excuse-making. Thanks for proving my point.

riot67 said:
mmmmm. On offense yes. On defense not really. But it doesn't really matter. The game is over and we lost.

Edit: What you are missing is how injuries, some new some cumulative, in addition to some defections really changed how this defense had to play.

On the other hand, the only player that we were missing that I am sure would have made an impact was Nathan Williams. The rest would be mostly speculative. This is why I am not too bent out of shape about it.

And you're falling victim to exactly what I was saying earlier in this topic. Excuse-making. Thanks for proving my point.

No...i havent made any excuses..you've proved nothing. You won by 3 points against a team without Posey, Herron or Miller thats fact.

riot67 said:

No...i havent made any excuses..you've proved nothing. You won by 3 points against a team without Posey, Herron or Miller thats fact.

and 3 other guys...Brewster? Right?

Still its always good to win in Cbus even if it is against a crippled, suspension-riddled team like Ohio.

Back