Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT - how phones used to be

I remember all those phones except the ones from the 50's probably but i remember when I was little at my grandma's house in Hastings out on messer road off of M-43 and i was told not to use the phone because it was a party line. Damn now i wish i had kept some of those old rotary phones..

I never learned phone numbers that way. What is even crazier is that today I don't think I know any phone numbers from memory. Everything is on speed dial!!

In highschool, I broke up with a girl whose phone number ended in 1834 and then dated a girl with the same number except it ended in 1384. Cells phones really coulda helped back then.

The phone company use to supply you the phone as well. That green "princess" phone was the shit at one time....

Phone history

For the longest time when I was a kid, our number was LI (Lincoln) 5-3543.

Wow! Mine growing up was Li3-1893

Ferndale or close by?

Also had one of those black rotary dial phones that had a very distinctive and loud click as it passed each number on the way back to rest.

Back