Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT Tigers/White Sox 2000 Brawl

SpartyNash

I had heard about this before but could never find video...until today. I was only 8 when this happened so I do not remember this happening at all at the time. Holy hell what a brawl. Starts at 1:15 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB4FsQAcPAc

Last edited:
Entertaining brawl. But an era of Tigers history I'd just as soon forget. Lean lean years...

I always liked the David Rozema karate kick brawl. Outside the fact he got hurt but good brawl.

I was 15. That was the season that I really got into the Tigers, way more deeply than ever before. I had my first job at an ice cream shop and I'd put the games on the radio while there, or even better, there'd be the west coast games and I'd be able to go home and eat tons of ramen noodles and watch them on Fox Sports Detroit with Kirk Gibson and Josh Lewin.

Jeff Weaver was my favorite at that time. I cried when we traded him even though we got quite the haul in return. Pena, Bonderman, and German had much higher hopes, but then again, so did Weaver I guess.

Anyways, that 2000 season was a lot of fun. We were competitive but mediocre overall. Juan Gonzalez never wanted to be here, but that whole roster is just burned into my brain.

Great season, if only for sentimental reasons.

I was at the game, I wasn't sure if I was going to make it out alive

Back