Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Remaining schedule

dannydiggler

I'll be that guy.. All the teams remaining are VERY beatable.

Sparty
Purdue
Iowa
Illinois
Nebraska
Ohio*

All are beatable.

Sparty - If their goon of a coach decides to stick with the run like he always does I feel pretty good. Sparty's oline is quite bad. Their passing game could beat us badly given our pass rush is suspect to non existent. I also don't feel comfortable when Gordon goes to nickel and Carvin comes in at safety.

Purdue - I don't expect much of a battle in this game. They have an average QB with quick play makers. They don't have a stand out back. Our talent up front and on defense leads me to believe we will win this game in double digits.

Iowa - They have a weak o-line for the first time in a long while. If they can't run the ball I like our chances. Their QB play has always been less than par. Simple and plain.

Illinois - Scheelasse is much like what we faced in Persa. Talent wise we have the strength. I like our chances. NW 2.0 but in a tight game.

Nebraska- Taylor isn't anything our defense hasn't seen day in and day out. Bring some pressure and he throws it up for grabs. Tough game. Strengths are our Oline and running attack. Maintain TOP and we win.

Ohio* - Running game, running game, running game. Stop it and we will win. No questions asked. Bauserman and TP II will not beat us. Very excited for this game!

I couldn't even dream of Michigan going unbeaten in the regular season. I don't think it will happen, but if they win 2 more games, it's already a great success.

11-1 or 10-2 honestly looks very possible. Hell, we could finish undefeated with that schedule.

I don't know guys. Purdue looks like the only gimme. Tough sledding from here on out.

Jever4321 said:
I don't know guys. Purdue looks like the only gimme. Tough sledding from here on out.

Indeed.. But all are beatable.. It's not like the past 3 years where only 2-3 B1G games looked like possible wins. I like the matchups and we'll find out exactly what this team is made of from next week on.. Even if we were to lose to little brother it's not the end of the world. A 9 win season is very very possible...

Jever4321 said:

This, and diggler's point that they're all beatable are both true.

How big is next week...

DR said:
Jever4321 said:

This, and diggler's point that they're all beatable are both true.

How big is next week...
Hugely huge.

All the game are winnable but no one is going to just give us the W. Next week is huge but I believe is bigger for MSU than it is for us. They need the win to be legit we really dont. Dont get me wrong I want to beat the shit out of them. I am sick and tired of Sparty fans. I know if its not this year Hoke will have us back on top very soon.

next week is our toughest game of the season it looks like.

we could win that game, but it's going to be tough. I'm most concerned with Denard throwing INTs... we were able to get more than 50% of those deep jump balls he throws against Northwestern, but I don't think that's going to happen against MSU.

Iowa and Illinois are going to be battles.

and the only way ohio beats us is if we underestimate them. likely going to play their toughest game of the season that week

MichChamp02 said:
next week is our toughest game of the season it looks like.

we could win that game, but it's going to be tough. I'm most concerned with Denard throwing INTs... we were able to get more than 50% of those deep jump balls he throws against Northwestern, but I don't think that's going to happen against MSU.

Iowa and Illinois are going to be battles.

and the only way ohio beats us is if we underestimate them. likely going to play their toughest game of the season that week

I'm fairly certain that the Michigan coaches saw something with those deep passes against NW's secondary. Hopefully, they don't use them against MSU unless they see the same thing.

wheels002 said:
All the game are winnable but no one is going to just give us the W. Next week is huge but I believe is bigger for MSU than it is for us. They need the win to be legit we really dont. Dont get me wrong I want to beat the shit out of them. I am sick and tired of Sparty fans. I know if its not this year Hoke will have us back on top very soon.
I respect and concur with this take.

I'm sticking with 7 or 8 wins until we beat MSU - that's just how I feel. If we beat MSU then I'll look at the schedule and say "those teams are very beatable".

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
I'm sticking with 7 or 8 wins until we beat MSU - that's just how I feel. If we beat MSU then I'll look at the schedule and say "those teams are very beatable".

If we beat sparty, we're definitely good enough to beat everyone else on the schedule. Unfortunately, I think we'd get rolled by Wisconsin in the B1G championship game. My only hope is that they get knocked off somewhere and Illinois sneaks in front of them.

wheels002 said:

Dude now you know how we felt for years on end. Hopefully we can beat you again so that we can spew the shit at you that you did to us for years. Also FYI, I have watched UofM and they are NOT a top 15 team, but neither is MSU.

I think this somewhat ties into my "When do we start believing?" thread. While I think MSU has to win this game (if they don't it, their reign of "dominance" is over), this game would prove that U of M is legit and signal that they have a significant shot at winning the Legends Div. If they put together two full halfs of play, this game will be a win for us, not a route, but a win.

suh said:
wheels002 said:

Dude now you know how we felt for years on end. Hopefully we can beat you again so that we can spew the shit at you that you did to us for years. Also FYI, I have watched UofM and they are NOT a top 15 team, but neither is MSU.

Name 15 teams that you KNOW are better than Michigan and/or deserve to be ranked higher than Michigan based on their actual won/loss resume.

Until you do that, stfu

Back