Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

So far, Sportsnation Wants OK ST. and LSU

wlvrnstlr4life

I usually don't do the sportsnation bs on espn, but i really was curious. So far, over 20000 voted and its 70-30 for no rematch.

I agree. Plus I love Mike Gundy

[flash=350,287:6rntt9cl]http://www.youtube.com/v/aoMmbUmKN0E&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:6rntt9cl]
</td><td valign="top">
<iframe src="http://images.proboards.com/banners/300x250_14.html" width="300" height="250" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
</td></tr></table>

Hey guy's, go over the map.........even LSU people want Ok St. Probably because they fear a rematch and think Ok St. would be an easy win. SEC country is overwhelmingly against LSU-Ala. That's actually surprising.

wlvrnstlr4life said:
Hey guy's, go over the map.........even LSU people want Ok St. Probably because they fear a rematch and think Ok St. would be an easy win. SEC country is overwhelmingly against LSU-Ala. That's actually surprising.

Why? Like you said LSU rather play OK ST. While the rest of SEC fans probably don't like their rivals (Alabama) and vote agaisnt it.

Think about it, as a Michigan fan.

Rather watch Ohio State vs. Michigan State or Ohio State vs. LSU

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]
wlvrnstlr4life said:

Why? Like you said LSU rather play OK ST. While the rest of SEC fans probably don't like their rivals (Alabama) and vote agaisnt it.

Because I'm a Big 10 person, MSU and Ohio*
It's all about the conference. Who do you cheer for in Bowl games?

wlvrnstlr4life said:
[color=#551A8B said:

Teams I like. I'm a UofM fan true and true. I will never root for my rivals unless it helps my school's current football season

[color=#551A8B said:
wlvrnstlr4life said:

Teams I like. I'm a UofM fan true and true. I will never root for my rivals unless it helps my school's current football season

What's best for the conference is almost always best for Michigan. My point being is, if the Big 10 does well in Bowls, it makes Michigan look that more legitimate. Why do you think they are ranked so low now? Last year's bowl season hurt the way voters look at the conference. So, now where are we? Everyone is hoping we get to a BCS game. If MSU doesn't get blown out against Bama last year, the rankings would be much different.

wlvrnstlr4life said:
[color=#551A8B said:

What's best for the conference is almost always best for Michigan. My point being is, if the Big 10 does well in Bowls, it makes Michigan look that more legitimate. Why do you think they are ranked so low now? Last year's bowl season hurt the way voters look at the conference. So, now where are we? Everyone is hoping we get to a BCS game. If MSU doesn't get blown out against Bama last year, the rankings would be much different.

That crap doesnt matter. BCS and voters alike love the SEC. Losses for those teams mean less and wins mean more. While wins for the Big Ten mean less and losses mean more.

[color=#551A8B said:
wlvrnstlr4life said:

That crap doesnt matter.
Apparently it does matter, because Michigan's ranking is suffering because of it.

If UM get a BCS bowl, I'll root for them and Wisky. They're much more important so if MSU and the rest lose I won't care as much.

CBS is getting poo pooed on in their own poll. Everyone there thinks Ok St. should be #2. Gary Danielson will not be happy.

Too bad they have no votes. I doubt Oklahoma St gets to 3 in both human polls.

The point i'm trying to make is that everyone knows this whole thing stinks. I want to see all the backlash from the majority when this goes down. It will be quite interesting. I wonder which politician is going to cry this year?

wlvrnstlr4life said:
The point i'm trying to make is that everyone knows this whole thing stinks. I want to see all the backlash from the majority when this goes down. It will be quite interesting. I wonder which politician is going to cry this year?

T Boone Pickens is already on it.

wlvrnstlr4life said:
[color=#551A8B said:

I root for Michigan and 9 other B1G teams. You can guess which 2 I don't root for. 10 of them can boost the conference's strength just fine.

I don't know hungry. Ohio* really hurt us when they were getting killed by sec teams lol.

Back