Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The almost half way through the season assessment

Spartanmack

So we've won two ugly ones, rolled an FCS team, lost one we shouldn't have and took a butt kicking that should have been about half as bad as it was. I think most people expected us to lose the BC game at least before the season started but if we end up with 6 wins or less, that one is gonna hurt even more.

Looking ahead I only see one game we should definitely lose (Oregon), two that we shouldn't win but could (uofm & Iowa, although I don't really understand why people think Iowa is good) and a bunch of games that could go either way. I'm just not a believer in IU or Illinois or Rutgers (Nebraska either, but we don't play them). Purdue is probably the only game left on the schedule we will be expected to win.

While IU, UofI & RU may be overhyped, at least RU has a better offensive line than us and those teams don't shoot themselves in the foot multiple times per game. The team is better than I expected at this point but if we don't clean up the turnover problems we'll be lucky to win 5 games. I still think this team can win 7 games possibly more. Six would be an improvement but still disappointing.

Back