Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was an epic battle of #1 in the nation hosting #2 in the nation, pitting rivals from College Football's .......no, Sports' greatest rivalry of all-time against one another.

Don't blame you if you can't relate...

And that 06 Ohio* Defense gave up 39 points and 400yds that day .... but whipped Sparty 38-7 in Lansing just one month earlier, yielding less than 200yds to State.

:)

Funny how you attack msu when you get defensive, though they werent part of the discussion. Im just pointing out that the defensive unit that you guys are hailing as one of your best ever got torched by your primary rival

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

All you Michigan fans do is get ahead of yourselves, re-write the past, blame the refs, the timekeeper, the weather or come up with some other reason to brag about your arrogant 900+ football victories.

bunch of pricks, I hate all of you and I went to Michigan State, too!

You forgot to add rich rod to your excuse list

Thisismichiganforgodsakes

hi-res-7275314_display_image.jpg

Last edited:
That was an epic battle of #1 in the nation hosting #2 in the nation, pitting rivals from College Football's .......no, Sports' greatest rivalry of all-time against one another.

Don't blame you if you can't relate...

And that 06 Ohio* Defense gave up 39 points and 400yds that day .... but whipped Sparty 38-7 in Lansing just one month earlier, yielding less than 200yds to State.

:)

Still second to Army/Navy Vic. Love the UM/Ohio*, but it is still #2.

;)((

I think he meant good rivalry. The Army/Navy rivalry sucks these days.

All rivalries will experience times when it becomes more one-sided and appears to have lost some of the appeal it had in the past.

- richrod

Funny how you attack msu when you get defensive, though they werent part of the discussion. Im just pointing out that the defensive unit that you guys are hailing as one of your best ever got torched by your primary rival

I didn't "attack" msu, just knew that state got its ass whipped by Ohio that year and it was in Lansing. Michigan barely lost on a last-minute drive by the eventual Heisman winner and #1 team in the nation. I'm just pointing out that your posts are usually stupid or simple flamebait and not based in fact.

Fournette attendind barbecue on July 28th

Report: No. 1 tailback Leonard Fournette to visit Michigan

By Kyle Meinke Michigan Football Reporter 85Comments

Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Services[URL="http://www.annarbor.com/mi/wolverines/2013/07/report_no_1_tailback_leonard_f/#"]7[/URL]

Posted on Fri, Jul 12, 2013 : 3:04 p.m.

ANN ARBOR -- Michigan hosted the No. 1 tailback in the country last summer during their annual recruiting barbecue event. Six months later, Derrick Green became a Wolverine.

Could history repeat itself?

Leonard Fournette will make it back-to-back No. 1 tailbacks to attend the Wolverines' annual Barbecue at the Big House, according to Scout. The annual event, which draws several commits and targets from around the country, is July 28.

Fournette is ranked No. 1 at his position by each of the three major recruiting outlets, and he's America's No. 1 player overall according to ESPN. The New Orleans native is believed to favor staying close to home, but the Wolverines have popped onto his radar thanks to the recruiting efforts of Jabrill Peppers.

13075384-large.jpg
Brady Hoke continues to loom large over the recruiting trail, this time reportedly enticing No. 1 tailback Leonard Fournette to visit Ann Arbor. The Wolverines already signed the nation's No. 1 tailback for 2013.Daniel Brenner | AnnArbor.com

The nation's No. 1 cornerback, who committed to Michigan earlier this offseason, has vowed to deliver other big-time prospects to the Wolverines. He's specifically mentioned Fournette, as well as No. 1 defensive end Da'Shawn Hand and No. 2 cornerback Adoree' Jackson.

Fournette still likely is a longshot to end up in Ann Arbor, but getting him on campus is the first major step toward luring him North.

That is, after all, what happened to Green. The Virginia native was being recruited by nearly every major program in the country, but fell in love with the Wolverines and their culture while visiting during the barbecue last summer.

He committed shortly before signing day, becoming Michigan's best tailback recruit of the modern recruiting era, and is expected to compete for the starting job when fall camp opens Aug. 5.

While the presence of one No. 1 tailback could scare off another, due to playing time concerns, Peppers has tried to spin that into a positive in his pitch to Fournette.

"Derrick is one of the best young running backs in the country and with him taking reps along with Leonard they could be the best 1-2 punch in the country," Peppers wrote this week in a blog post for USA Today.

"The best part is that it would preserve him more because he's not gonna have to take on the whole load by himself. He'll get a blow and we won't lose productivity on the field. Getting those breaks will allow him to have a longer career than most running backs."

From a Rutgers site on the recruitment of Jonathan Hilliman ---

Two schools in Hilliman's previous top six schools have been removed from the picture: Michigan and Alabama. The Wolverines have informed Hilliman that they are no longer recruiting the running back position...

From a Rutgers site on the recruitment of Jonathan Hilliman ---

Two schools in Hilliman's previous top six schools have been removed from the picture: Michigan and Alabama. The Wolverines have informed Hilliman that they are no longer recruiting the running back position...

so why would Michigan no longer be recruiting for the running back position for the 2014 class?

so why would Michigan no longer be recruiting for the running back position for the 2014 class?

No idea. Makes no sense to me either. Just throwing tidbits out there.

Maybe Fournette committed..... <----sarcasm

Damien Harris is Blue.

Tom VanHaaren ‏@TomVH 20s
RT @Damien_D1Harris I have decided to officially commit to The University of Michigan!!!!! #GOBLUE #MichiganDifference #136

Tom VanHaaren ‏@TomVH 1m
Michigan just landed the No. 20 ranked player in the 2015 class in RB Damien Harris: http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/michigan/forums/_/the-den#!/topic/1375118535-191-838 ?

Nice! Anything about Qbs? Theres a severe lack of scholarship QBs on this team and it's starting to worry me.

Nice! Anything about Qbs? Theres a severe lack of scholarship QBs on this team and it's starting to worry me.

The only 2015 QB at the BBQ was David Edwards and we are looking at him to play TE.

2016 QB Messiah DeWeaver (Trotwood, Ohio/Trotwood Madison) said his visit went great. Here's a short quote from him:

"Michigan is very interested. Coach Borges told me that he's interested and he will be watching all my games this year. He said that he doesn't want to offer me this young yet."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back