Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! Anything about Qbs? Theres a severe lack of scholarship QBs on this team and it's starting to worry me.

They've offered the #1 qb prospect from California. He'll probably stay out west. Likely Stanford. DeWeaver from the Trotwood pipeline seems like an obvious choice but Borges is picky with qb offers. He likes to see them throw in person. I wouldn't worry past this season on qb depth. Shane's rs is going to be burnt and we all have to deal with it.

They've offered the #1 qb prospect from California. He'll probably stay out west. Likely Stanford. DeWeaver from the Trotwood pipeline seems like an obvious choice but Borges is picky with qb offers. He likes to see them throw in person. I wouldn't worry past this season on qb depth. Shane's rs is going to be burnt and we all have to deal with it.

with the way we are stacking up big name recruits, I'm not worried about burning Shane's red shirt this year. I look forward to it.

I month away... Starting to get excited. :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Last edited:
And it is possible that they could RS Shane in a different year. It doesnt have to be this year. I will admit that it is unlikely but it can happen. After this year we should be fine at QB. We just had an injury and its going to force Shane up into the 2 spot that he may have been in any way. I for one never want to see what happened in Nebraska ever again.

I guess we'll have bellomy next year again, but that's not saying much.

Da'Shawn Hand to decide November 14 at his school. Top 3 are : Michigan, Alabama and Florida.

Da'Shawn Hand to decide November 14 at his school. Top 3 are : Michigan, Alabama and Florida.

Saw that yesterday ...11/14 is also my son's 7th Birthday. That would be a pretty sweet present that would (hopefully) keep in giving for years!!

Parker Westphal- CB, Dwight Williams OLB

Parrker Westphal is an instinctive cornerback who can effectively play zone coverage. He shows great awareness, fairly loose hips and great range.
Westphal, who is 6'0" and 186 pounds, is from Illinois. If he decides to play in the Pac-12, it will be at Arizona State, according to 247Sports.
Sun Devils head coach Todd Graham will try hard to bring Westphal to Tempe, but in the end, he will sign with Michigan, per the staff at 247Sports.

Signing an outside linebacker such as Dwight Williams would work wonders for a defense. Williams, who is 6'1" and slightly more than 200 pounds, has excellent athleticism and the skills to be a consistent factor versus passing plays.
A Los Angeles native, Williams is attracting the attention of Pac-12 coaches at USC, UCLA, Oregon and Washington, per 247Sports. However, the majority of the writers at 247Sports expect Williams to spurn the Pac-12 and take his talents to Florida.
Also, do not count out Michigan.

Last edited:
After visiting Michigan, Jared Wangler has de-committed from PSU and 'should' be committing here soon

After visiting Michigan, Jared Wangler has de-committed from PSU and 'should' be committing here soon

He did

Jared Wangler ‏@Jwangles2 47m
I have decided to commit to the University of Michigan!!! 〽〽〽 #GoBlue #Team135

He went from a PSU commit to U of M in 15 minutes. I do wonder if he committed to PSU to get a U of M offer because when he did it he didnt have one. Another legacy kid that is making me feel old lol.

Wasn't Wangler a 2* linebacker?
You think he is getting picked up because of the Johnny Wangler legacy or does Hoke and Co see a star that the 'experts' overlooked? Michigan State and LSU did both offer him.

edit- He is 2* in some, 3* in others

Last edited:
Not sure why nobody has mentioned this yet, but 2015 WR George Campbell is now officially a 5* recruit according to Scout.com.

Not sure why nobody has mentioned this yet, but 2015 WR George Campbell is now officially a 5* recruit according to Scout.com.

I think because it was pretty much a given. He might not even have the greatest hands, but his speed and athleticism alone makes him a 5*.

9611225170_0dea8754a2_o.gif

Peppers being Peppers

9561953683_4abe32de1e_o.gif

9565203894_e4a4a650d4_o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back