Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hand will go to Alabama. All the talk about academics and majors is bullshit with 99% of these kids when it comes down to it.

Michigan offered 2014 Sugar Land TX RB Vic Enwere (Cal commit) & 2014 Berrien Springs MI DE Jhonny Williams (Mizzou commit) this afternoon. Scout's ratings:

Enwere - 3 Star, #52 RB

Williams - 3 Star, #71 DE

Michigan offered 2014 Sugar Land TX RB Vic Enwere (Cal commit) & 2014 Berrien Springs MI DE Jhonny Williams (Mizzou commit) this afternoon. Scout's ratings:

Enwere - 3 Star, #52 RB

Williams - 3 Star, #71 DE

Oh good! Cause we all know that 3 stars are better than 4 and 5 stars. At least that is what my MSU associates keep telling me.

Peppers:

“I’m going to try to go out there for the game against that down south team,” Peppers said. “Everybody is worried about all of the recruits because of the losses, but that is why it’s called rebuilding. We have a new coach (Brady Hoke). He’s bringing in the talent.

“I’m not going anywhere. I’m going to make sure we bring Michigan back to the Michigan we knew before.”

Peppers:

?I?m going to try to go out there for the game against that down south team,? Peppers said. ?Everybody is worried about all of the recruits because of the losses, but that is why it?s called rebuilding. We have a new coach (Brady Hoke). He?s bringing in the talent.

?I?m not going anywhere. I?m going to make sure we bring Michigan back to the Michigan we knew before.?

He is strengthening my man-crush on him.

He is strengthening my man-crush on him.

Can't wait to see him at nickel next year. Can u say game changer? Also with gallon and dileo moving on and norfleets inability to return punts safely, I expect Peppers to return punts next year.

Navarre had a an uncontrollable cannon. Would have been something special if he had touch and accuracy. Hopefully this kid has both.

Navarre had a an uncontrollable cannon. Would have been something special if he had touch and accuracy. Hopefully this kid has both.

Navarre tended to stare at his target once the huddle broke and then never stop until he throw the ball. Drove me nuts. I still don't know how he set any passing records.

Believe it or not Wilton is nimble on his feet for his size. I'd say he's somewhere in between Henne and Morris.

Navarre never got over his bad habit of staring down receivers. Henne never got over his bad habit of trying to scramble at the first sign of trouble instead of moving around in the pocket to give receivers time to get open.

Both of them struggled with touch pass when throwing over the middle.

Speight does seem to be a little more nimble on his feet; I know it won't manifest itself into Denard or Gardner type runs, but hopefully he can do what guys like Brady and Roethlisberger do and move around behind the line enough to allow receivers to get open for big plays in the passing game.

Downers Grove South offensive tackle Erik Swenson has always been a little bit ahead of the curve. At 6-foot-7, 290-pounds, he has size and ability beyond his years.

This week, he committed a little bit ahead of the curve to giving the Michigan Wolverines his verbal.

"He committed last night," his father Swen Swenson said. "It has always been a dream of his."

Swanson committed to the wolverines over early offers from Notre Dame, Ohio State, Northwestern and Illinois. He camped at Michigan last summer and also in the summer before his freshman season. He has also taken several unofficial visits to the campus.

He is expected to visit again this weekend when the Wolverines take on their rival Buckeyes. He is an early four star prospect who started at left tackle as a freshman and sophomore for South.

Downers Grove South offensive tackle Erik Swenson has always been a little bit ahead of the curve. At 6-foot-7, 290-pounds, he has size and ability beyond his years.

This week, he committed a little bit ahead of the curve to giving the Michigan Wolverines his verbal.

"He committed last night," his father Swen Swenson said. "It has always been a dream of his."

Swanson committed to the wolverines over early offers from Notre Dame, Ohio State, Northwestern and Illinois. He camped at Michigan last summer and also in the summer before his freshman season. He has also taken several unofficial visits to the campus.

He is expected to visit again this weekend when the Wolverines take on their rival Buckeyes. He is an early four star prospect who started at left tackle as a freshman and sophomore for South.

Sweet. I hope the booing that will happen this weekend doesn't put him off.....

List of recruits attending the game this weekend:

2014 Commits
WR-Freddy Canteen
LB-Jared Wangler
TE-Ian Bunting
WR-Moe Ways
WR-Drake Harris
OL-Mason Cole
LB-Chase Winovich
LB-Michael Ferns
QB-Wilton Speight
DB-Brandon Watson