Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Akron vs. MICHIGAN Score Prediction Thread

TheVictors

Congratulations to KAWDUP for being the closest of many similar, but incorrect predictions with his 38-28 score in the Noter Damesucks Prediction thread.

But now on to the Zips …..er, glazed donuts?

Oh, Akron …where to begin??

Akron has gone 1-11 for each of the past three seasons, including its first year last season under the guidance of Terry Bowden and Terry, well he ain’t exactly his dagumit Daddy now is he?

Following the triumphant victory over the Irish, there is always that possibility of a letdown but to letdown so much so as to make Akron competitive would be a huge disappointment. Expectations are for a lot of young players to see some action with backs like Green, Hayes and Rawls sparing Toussaint and for the younger players on the Defense to be heavy in the rotation.

Vegas sees the #11 ranked Michigan Wolverines as a more than five TD favorite, sitting at UM -38 with no posted Over/Under at this time.

So if you’re Tinsel, GBinATL or ML …..or anyone else going to the game, enjoy the crowd and enjoy the fun ….go ahead and post your predictions with some supportive analysis if you wish, but leave the whoofing and barking for other threads.

(and if anyone happens to see Tressel wandering around, give him hell!)

~Vic

terry-bobby-bowden-p1.jpg

"Hey, y'all! Can y'all see me??"

Last edited:
UCF essentially beat Akron 38-0. Akron scored a meaningless TD with 42 seconds remaining in the game. They are THAT good.

Michigan - 63
Akron - 0
996208-knocked-out-kangaroo.jpg

Last edited:
Akron's was blown out by UCF and squeaked by FCS James Madison 35-33... at home... and JMU still put up almost 500 yards on them.

I'm sure Hoke is aware Jim Tressel is teaching "football" in Akron.

I think we add another TD just for that: 56-3.

Michigan wins 63 - Glazed Donut (0)

Even the Defensive backups can't help but pad their stats on the Zips.
Gardner runs for 1 and throws for 1 in the 1st. Shane Morris throws for 2, and the other 5 TDs are split between the RBs.

Good game for brauts and bloodys in front of the bigscreen.

Edit (I didn't read the thread before posting. )-
Goddamn it Vic. Get out of my donut hole. And Wolves24... I guess we share the victory next week.

Last edited:
55-6 Michigan

GO BLUE!

Fitz, Green both go over 100 yards. Gardner is out by the middle of the 3rd quarter. Morris comes in and works out some of the young WRs, mixing in some Green and Smith run plays. BTN continues the Michigan love, but at least one of them bring "it" up, saying, "But can they win on the road? We'll have to wait until PSU to find out for sure. That's why Ohio State is still above them in my rankings".

Back