Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official UConn vs MICHIGAN Prediction Thread

b311j

It appears Vic is still reeling from last week's narrow victory of the mighty Zipper Heads of Akron. In so much that the UConn game "appears" to be a blowout in the making like the Akron game "should" have been, I will help VIc out and get this weeks prediction thread going. A cut and paste from last weeks thread should suffice.

Congratulations to (not looking up the winner, I do not want to be reminded of that game) for being the closest, but incorrect predictions with his xx-xx score in the Akron Prediction thread.

But now on to the Huskies …..

Oh, UConn …where to begin??

UConn has gone 5-7 for each of the past two seasons, and has stumbled out of the starting blocks this year going 0-2 versus future BigTen team Maryland and perennial powerhouse Towson!

Following the triumphant? victory over the Akron Zips?, there is always that possibility of a letdown but to letdown so much so as to make UConn competitive would be a huge disappointment. Expectations are for a lot of young players to see some action with backs like Green, Hayes and Rawls sparing Toussaint and for the younger players on the Defense to be heavy in the rotation.

Vegas sees the #15 ranked Michigan Wolverines as a more than two TD favorite, sitting at UM -17.5.

So if you’re Tinsel, GBinATL or ML …..or anyone else going to the game, enjoy the crowd and enjoy the fun ….go ahead and post your predictions with some supportive analysis if you wish, but leave the whoofing and barking for other threads.

Last edited:
Hoke called for a full padded practice the day after last weeks fiasco. All of the players are saying the right things (we were embarrassed, it wont happen again, yada yada). Lewan is cleared to play. It would seem the staff will have the boys ready to go this week.

My prediction?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E

][V][ichigan 48
UConn 10

Computer issues ....Thanks b311j !!

WHEW!

.......What the hell was that last week......?

Anyways, on to the University of Connecticut and no, we're not talking a basketball game, though MICHIGAN would likely be favored on the hardwood too.....

Two years ago when the teams met at Michigan Stadium I had a gentleman's bet with a co-worker and UConn Alum where loser buys lunch ....he didn't buy my Diablo Turkey sandwich (amazing) on that bet until December of that year and I want to make him buy me lunch again this year!

Vegas says MICHIGAN -18 on the consensus and has an Over/Under of 51.5 points.

Should be a lot of BLUE in the stands and hopefully the team in winged helmets playing with a chip on its shoulder ...

So go ahead and make your predictions with some supportive analysis if you wish, but leave the whoofing and barking for .......the Huskies. (see that?)

~Vic

Last edited:
21-17 Michigan

Turnovers

UM - 4
UCONN - 2

D-Line sacks

UM - Negative 2
UCONN - 3 (All because of Jack Miller and Glasgow's suckyness)

Little Vic says, "I think Michigan will win by ...a lot. Like, 30-10."

Mrs Victors says, "the team needs to be more mature and I hope they are but, last week makes me nervous. 24-10, Michigan."

Michigan 56 UC 7. DG runs wild on them. The D gets a pick 6 or fumble run in for a TD.

Back