Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Three Things --

TheVictors

Three Things I want to see on Saturday --

1. Shoelace look better in the passing game in terms of fundamentals and his feet

2. Ground game involving Fitz, Vinny & ... another RB

3. D-Line/LB pressure on the QB -- blitzes, whatever ... get to the QB

Anyone ...?

TheVictors03 said:
Three Things I want to see on Saturday --

1. Shoelace look better in the passing game in terms of fundamentals and his feet

2. Ground game involving Fitz, Vinny & ... another RB

3. D-Line/LB pressure on the QB -- blitzes, whatever ... get to the QB

Anyone ...?

The problem isn't so much Denards fundamentals, it's RR's weak front line.

He made the front line small and fast which we all know doesn't work in the B1G.

If Denards can buy time I think he is pretty good. Otherwise he is running for his life.

Hungry said:
they're all 300+ pounds...except for Molk

indeed. however, the idea that RR didn't succeed because the players were too big, and now we won't succeed because the players are too small is easy for simple minds to grasp, so it's not going to go away anytime soon.

very well:

1. Better form on drop backs and throws from Denard; needs to start looking automatic

2. Denard making better reads; no more missing open receivers

3. a cute girl in my bed after the saturday halloween party.

MichChamp02 said:
Hungry said:
they're all 300+ pounds...except for Molk

indeed. however, the idea that RR didn't succeed because the players were too big, and now we won't succeed because the players are too small is easy for simple minds to grasp, so it's not going to go away anytime soon.

My point being that RR wanted quicker downsized lineman to be running down field after their blocks. From what I can see the line can't hold the defense from getting to Denard.

That's part of the reason for losing to MSU.

I've seen research from the University of Berkley and U of M that studied the sizes of lineman. They found that smaller lineman can block better than larger lineman. The quality of the food that they ate attributed to the success. <sarcasm added> :)

MICHDAD1 said:
I've seen research from the University of Berkley and U of M that studied the sizes of lineman. They found that smaller lineman can block better than larger lineman. The quality of the food that they ate attributed to the success. <sarcasm added> :)

leverage, my friend.

still, the fact hungry pointed out remains: the current line is not small. they didn't block well against MSU. then again MSU probably has the best DL we'll face all year.

MSU's D-line is absolutely monstrous. That is one thing that I should've put in the game report...I think I'll go do that now...

1. Devin Gardner starting at QB and not look like hes way in over his head
2. Denard looking like a beast in a percy harvin role
3. looking like we actually have LBs on the field

i know none of them will happen whether we were to try them or not, but a man can dream....

Ok, in addition to DeathRawls, I'll throw in; halfway decent weather, and a Michigan victory to make my step-son's first visit to Michigan Stadium for a game a good one!

Now to decide if he'd tell his mom if I sneak in some liquor...

Just kidding, I know he would, but I also know she wouldn't care!

1. A running game not named Robinson
2. 5 sacks from the defensive line
3. Purdue held under 150 offensive yards.

Back