Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. yankees ALDS Game 4 Thread Oct. 4

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Tigers lineup :
Jackson CF
Santiago 2B
Young LF
Cabrera 1B
Martinez DH
Kelly RF
Peralta SS
Avila C
Betemit 3B
Porcello P

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=311004106&teams=new-york-yankees-vs-detroit-tigers
Tigers vs. yankees Game Preview.
from espn

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_/id/29966/rick-porcello
Porcello vs. yankees.
from espn

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_/id/4153/aj-burnett
Tigers hitters vs. burnett.
from espn

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2011_10_04_nyamlb_detmlb_1&mode=gameday&c_id=det
Gameday from mlb.com

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=311004106&teams=new-york-yankees-vs-detroit-tigers
Boxscore from espn

Porcello has won his last two Comerica Park meetings with the #Yankees, yielding 2 runs in 14 innings for the Tigers.
Leyland says Valverde is available. Wouldn't elaborate.
Leyland on not wanting to go back to NY: "I'm not going to put that pressure on anyone. ... We have to W one, they have to W 2".

STARTING PITCHER
Rick Porcello, RHP
2011 regular season: 14-9, 31 GS, 182.0 IP, 4.75 ERA, 1.407 WHIP
2011 home splits: 5-5, 14 GS, 83.0 IP, 5.64 ERA, .350 BA, 1.482 WHIP
Career vs. Yankees: 2-2, 4 GS, 5.56 ERA, 22.2 IP, 1.544 WHIP

A.J. Burnett, RHP
2011 regular season: 11-11, 32 GS, 5.15 ERA, 190.1 IP, 1.434 WHIP, 31 HR, AL-worst 25 wild pitches
2011 road splits: 4-5, 14 GS, 76.0 IP, 6.28 ERA, 12 HR, 1.632 WHIP
Career vs. Tigers: 4-2, 6.33 ERA, 42.2 IP, 1.500 WHIP
Career at Comerica: 2-2, 7.17 ERA, 21.1 IP, 21 H, 17 ER, 3 HR, 1.359 WHIP
Career postseason: 1-2, 6 GS, 5.67 ERA, 33.1 IP, 1.410 WHIP
Last seven starts: 2-2, 35.2 IP, 44 H, 30 ER, 16 BB, 9 HR, .301 BA, 7.57 ERA

theo said:
Longest 3 hours and 10 minutes of my life.

I know and thought about starting it at 6ish....
Anyone who reads this please let me know if this is too early to post an 8:30 start time game at 5 for you, or just just right even with a 3 plus hour wait.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
theo said:

Anyone who reads this please let me know if this is too early to post an 8:30 start time game at 5 for you, or just just right even with a 3 plus hour wait.

I was actually looking for it earlier so I could check the lineup. You can start the thread whenever you want KC

jrange378 said:
Why is kelly batting so high up? What the ef.

Leyland has confidence in Don 'freakin' Kelly.

DETROIT -- Ramon Santiago apparently showed enough in Game 3 to warrant another start in tonight

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
theo said:

It is never too early to start getting fired up about the next Tiger game.

It's not too early.

Personally I see us murdering Burnett, whether or not Rick can keep the ball on the ground is going to be the issue.

If his sinker does not sink, we may be sunk.

And if it's clear early Rick does not have it, I would not be surprised to see Either Coke or Penny in early, we can;t afford to ride this one out of Rick is not sharp.

Just my 2 cents.

MI_Thumb said:
It's not too early.

Personally I see us murdering Burnett, whether or not Rick can keep the ball on the ground is going to be the issue.

If his sinker does not sink, we may be sunk.

And if it's clear early Rick does not have it, I would not be surprised to see Either Coke or Penny in early, we can;t afford to ride this one out of Rick is not sharp.

Just my 2 cents.

I think you are right, maybe Penny would be first in to stop them.
Leyland said Valverde was available tonight. man, about 60 pitches past two games, idk, maybe Coke Al Al and Benoit later or Coke for a couple of innings.

and I found this for pregame;
http://motorcitybengals.com/2011/10/04/splitting-porcello/
Splitting Porcello.
from motorcitybengals-tigersblog

Lefty-Righty Splits,
Porcello has been far better the first time through the batting order than the second or third. Almost all of this is due to a 50 point (non-random) rise in BABIP.
Can Porcello dial it up.

First pitch of BP, Miguel Cabrera hit through the gate to the visiting bullpen. Didn't even swing hard.

How low has AJ Burnett fallen? hotel full of scouts. Consensus was AJ lasts 4 IP, and scouts said that would be good job by him.

Russell Martin lifted up his shirt to show Verlander where he got hit with the pitch last night. Verlander laughed.

odd place to put kelly...peralta there seems like a better idea but what do i know.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]First pitch of BP, Miguel Cabrera hit through the gate to the visiting bullpen. Didn't even swing hard.

How low has AJ Burnett fallen? hotel full of scouts. Consensus was AJ lasts 4 IP, and scouts said that would be good job by him.

Russell Martin lifted up his shirt to show Verlander where he got hit with the pitch last night. Verlander laughed.

100 mph to the ribs...had to hurt lol.

line according to gambling911.com (no idea if this is a legit site, I just googled for the line):

NYY -113
DET +103

so according to them, we're the underdogs. this is one of those games you really can't even take a guess on. flip a coin, and you've got a 50% chance you'll flip right.

Not sure if it will work tonight. I do have one other but this one is the best I have found so far.

Back