Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. yankees ALDS Game 4 Thread Oct. 4

*what i meant is granderson TODAY

just having one of those unreal defensive days outfielders have

Christ, what the hell is TBS/TNT going to do when the Tigers knock out the yankees? Who's nuts are they going hang from then?

mikem2780 said:
Can we stop with that shit? He didn't save 3 runs in the first. He misread a flyball and recovered. I wouldn't consider that "saving" 3 runs. That's saving his own ass

exactly right

mikem2780 said:
Can we stop with that shit? He didn't save 3 runs in the first. He misread a flyball and recovered. I wouldn't consider that "saving" 3 runs. That's saving his own ass
I agree it was a bad break for us.. If he didn't misread , it could have possibly been routine..

I'm not sure how we can compare Jackson's night to Grandys. It isn't like they are making the same plays out there. If Granderson was going after the same balls that Jackson has gone after, he doesn't even come close to them. Granderson's catch was nice, but Jackson probably would have caught it too, just not by diving after it.

tigers99888 said:
MSUspartan said:
Jackson could never lay out like that.
Dumb statement is dumb.. Jackson is better in CFer 9 times out of 10.. Tonight wasn't one of those occasions..

Realistically the ball that Kelly hit in the first should've been routine. The hit he takes away from Peralta though was ridiculous.

johnny2x2x said:
Grandy has saved 4 runs with his glove tonight.

He also had a great '06 ALDS as a rookie w/ the Tigers .294 BA and 2 homers.

tongue.png

xer0 said:
mikem2780 said:

exactly right

Yes, amen to that.

dpinsea said:
tigers99888 said:
Dumb statement is dumb.. Jackson is better in CFer 9 times out of 10.. Tonight wasn't one of those occasions..

Realistically the ball that Kelly hit in the first should've been routine. The hit he takes away from Peralta though was ridiculous.
I was taking into account the play last half inning moreso than the 1st..

Wait, do some of you guys think Granderson made a great play in the first inning?

lol, there isn't a CFer in baseball that wouldn't make that play.

mikem2780 said:

and jackson jogged his way into giving up 2 runs

mjsb2 said:
Wait, do some of you guys think Granderson made a great play in the first inning?

Last inning was ridiculous though.. That ball was hit pretty hard..

mjsb2 said:

Unfortunately we will have to see that play 900 times on ESPN because people that don't know anything about baseball will think that it was a great catch....stupid.

mhughes0021 said:
mikem2780 said:

That is his stride. He wasn't jogging, he was running full speed, which is fast as hell. He always plays shallow.

i still like our chances with fister in game five if it goes there. i don't think nova's all that people talk him up to be.

dpinsea said:
mhughes0021 said:

That is his stride. He wasn't jogging, he was running full speed, which is fast as hell. He always plays shallow.

watch it again buddy...his full speed was the last 5 yds when he realized he wasnt as close to the ball as he thought.

"Slurp, Slurp, Granderson's fine play, Slurp, slurp....." God these guys are making me sick. Thought announcers were supposed to be unbiased?

Back